1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2018) Anyone?

Discussion in 'Sportives' started by Markymark, 8 Feb 2017.

1. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Unless they're checking you in on the day, it sounds a great way for number-trading and riders banned for offences at past events to take part again (if any ever got banned - I've seen little sign of it and little fear of it). RLS's process seems a more reasonable compromise.
  2. They don't check your number against photo id when you rock up on the day, so number trading is theoretically easy, especially if you're prepared to trust the other party with a photocopy of your driving licence so they can pick it up. It's not something I'm tempted to do - a friend had a place this year but couldn't go due to other commitments, he offered it to me but I'm determined to get in through the ballot one year. It's become a mission for me. (And I think my friend would be a bit shocked to see my full-value time against his name).
  3. Buck

Buck Veteran

If you can’t find anyone I should be able to do it when I collect mine.
  4. iLB

iLB Hello there

HI all,

Sorry to read about so many people not getting in. If you're still interested in taking part please PM me and I may be able to help.

Best regards,

5. chrisbjornward

chrisbjornward New Member

You would be a legend. A fellow Yorkshire man too :-)
    Buck likes this.
  6. lazybloke

lazybloke Senior Member

Surrey Hills
    Having received the commiserations magazine recently, it was so lovely to see this morning's email entitled "Get in your saddle and kick-start your RideLondon training". Grrr, unsubscribe!
  7. sleaver

sleaver Über Member

I got that email as well. However, the last time I did the ride was 2015 and I haven't entered the ballot since!
    lazybloke likes this.