RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2018) Anyone?

Discussion in 'Sportives' started by Markymark, 8 Feb 2017.

1. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

The organisers provide a manned bike park near the finish, too. I think it's tag controlled, although I have heard of one being nicked in one of the early years, which shouldn't be possible. Only one in thousands over years, though.

Buck likes this.
  2. PaulSB

PaulSB Guru

My club has successfully applied for team places on PRL. We have one male and one female team, 4 places in each.

I wondered if other posters have experience of these team entries? The questions I have and which so far haven’t been answered in the general BC communications are sent to all successfull entrants are:

1. Start times?
    2. Does the team have to finish together?
    3. Can individuals from the team ride separately?
    4. How is the team expected to ride? This point arises because “team” implies both cooperation and an element of competitiveness.

3. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

post #278 above by @steverob might help?

steverob likes this.
  4. PaulSB

PaulSB Guru

Thanks. I missed that one as I haven’t read this thread for a while.

5. steverob

steverob Über Member

Yeah, unfortunately we weren't able to get enough people together to form a team in the end, so we had to give up our place. But as far as I understand from how it worked in previous years, all the teams start together in one or two waves dedicated just to them (not sure when, but think they were kind of in the middle of the range of starting times). Of course that may well change this year, but certainly all the members of your team will definitely be in the same wave as each other.

As I mentioned in my post, there's nothing to stop one person going around on their own if they want to complete the course as quickly as possible, but the "official" time they'll be given at the end, will be the same time as the last person in your team to finish, meaning it's in their interest to get that person round as fast as they can, rather than just themselves.

PaulSB and jefmcg like this.
  6. PaulSB

PaulSB Guru

@steverob Thank you. Sorry to read you couldn’t fill your team.

7. iLB

iLB Hello there

One last plug for places available through my work, please drop me a PM if interested. the deadline for registration is fast approaching.

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice