RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2018) Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Yeah, unfortunately we weren't able to get enough people together to form a team in the end, so we had to give up our place. But as far as I understand from how it worked in previous years, all the teams start together in one or two waves dedicated just to them (not sure when, but think they were kind of in the middle of the range of starting times). Of course that may well change this year, but certainly all the members of your team will definitely be in the same wave as each other.

As I mentioned in my post, there's nothing to stop one person going around on their own if they want to complete the course as quickly as possible, but the "official" time they'll be given at the end, will be the same time as the last person in your team to finish, meaning it's in their interest to get that person round as fast as they can, rather than just themselves.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@steverob Thank you. Sorry to read you couldn’t fill your team.

iLB

Hello there
One last plug for places available through my work, please drop me a PM if interested. the deadline for registration is fast approaching.

Thanks!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I've been cycling and driving parts of the route - Abinger Hammer to Leatherhead - this weekend. Loadsa cyclists out there, more than cars - it's fantastic!
Wish I'd had better luck in the ballot :sad:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Same here, though I know all the hoops to jump through, unnecessary expense & bureaucracy would drive me nuts and I'd never want to do it again.....
2016 was my year. Spent a good hour at drink stops, over an hour with punctures and mechanicals, then 2 hrs of delays at Pyrford and Leith Hill due to crashes and congestion.
I reckon on a slightly faster time if I do it again! (yes I know it's not a race!)

Nig mtb

Über Member
I did the first one and finaly got in with the ballot this year.
Staying in Whitechapple night before nice easy ride to the park.

07.32 start time for me Black wave C.

Got to be in the by traps 06.52

Going to be stuffed with the walkers on Leith Hill.........

dickyknees

Guru
I did the first one and finaly got in with the ballot this year.
Staying in Whitechapple night before nice easy ride to the park.

07.32 start time for me Black wave C.

Got to be in the by traps 06.52

Going to be stuffed with the walkers on Leith Hill.........

I'm Black Wave D starting @ 07:40.

Started at 08;12 last year and the two hills weren't too bad at all when I was there.

steverob

Guru
Blimey, is there a section reserved for CycleChat peeps or something? I'm in Black Wave D as well with @dickyknees and just behind @Nig mtb !

Over an hour earlier starting than I was when I did this three years ago, so quite happy with that (I had a massive fear of getting a puncture/mechanical and not being able to make the cut-off time at Hampton Court, which is surprisingly tight for those starting in the last few waves).

Last edited:
I hadn't spotted this thread before.

Back in March I entered a competition with Prudential and won a free place! Along with a training ride in Wales with some young chap who does some cycling in France & other places.

IMG_20180507_151920697.jpg

I'm Green Wave G starting at 7:20. First sportive I've done for nearly 10 years...…………..

Rustybucket

Veteran
My start time is 6.36, worked out I’ll have to leave here at around 3am to get to the start for my wave time of 5.08. Early night for me on the Saturday then!

vickster

Legendary Member
Blimey, is there a section reserved for CycleChat peeps or something? I'm in Black Wave D as well with @dickyknees and just behind @Nig mtb !

Over an hour earlier starting than I was when I did this three years ago, so quite happy with that (I had a massive fear of getting a puncture/mechanical and not being able to make the cut-off time at Hampton Court, which is surprisingly tight for those starting in the last few waves).
It's not especially tight for the 100 with a last start of 9am. I'm doing the 46...start time of 9.44 with the same 11.40 cut off at HC!

Top Bottom