1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RideLondon-Surrey 100 (2018) Anyone?

Discussion in 'Sportives' started by Markymark, 8 Feb 2017.

1. steverob

steverob Über Member

One of the few benefits of working in London, can register on the Thursday or Friday evening after work before commuting home.
  2. Nomadski

Nomadski I Like Bikes

LBS, Usually
    Dawg gone it, a commiserations mag landed thru the door. Can't really complain having got in twice on a ballot before (and done it once for charidee). Also, that windproof / waterproof jacket they give to losers is actually pretty natty!
    Dogtrousers likes this.
  3. L Q

L Q Senior Member

Woodhall Spa
    Haven’t heard a thing yet, fully expecting my 5th sod off we don’t want you magazine.
    Paul139 likes this.
  4. Freds Dad

Freds Dad Über Member

I decided to post my copy back to them but forgot to put a stamp on.
  5. Nomadski

Nomadski I Like Bikes

LBS, Usually
    The last time I failed in ballot and received a waterproof jacket was the year of Hurricane Bertha.

Just saying...
    PaulSB, lazybloke and Dogtrousers like this.
  6. Adrian

Adrian Heed the elf's wisdom

Just got home for the first time in a fortnight, and put the magazine out in the recycling box.
    Nomadski and Dogtrousers like this.
  7. devon wheels

devon wheels Regular

First time entering ballot - congratulations magazine received
  8. Nice one :okay:
  9. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

Congratulations on your success. Well done especially on your first try.:okay:
  10. Nomadski

Nomadski I Like Bikes

LBS, Usually
    Well done, you’ll have a great day!
  11. devon wheels

devon wheels Regular

Thanks for your kind comments, speaking to a couple of people in work they tell me that they found the course very fast ie flat and mostly uninterrupted by traffic, i average about 14mph due to the hilly region that i live in so looking forward to a flat ride
    welsh dragon likes this.
  12. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

I think there are three or four hills, depending on how you measure it, so not very flat but flat compared to Devon. Based on what others have said, I think the main thing which may scupper you is volume of traffic on Leith Hill which can easily prevent you from riding at your own pace, either encouraging you to ride too fast on the bits where you would probably recover if riding alone, or too slow or stopping where people start to climb off and walk.
  13. devon wheels

devon wheels Regular

My colleagues mentioned that Leith Hill was congested with riders dismounting frequently (especially for selfies near the top), having never riden up it personally i'll go with the flow, probably more of a case of "wits about you" and patience
  14. Rooster1

Rooster1 May the Porg Be With You

I would say that 70-80% of the course is flat, but the ~20% of hills are VERY STEEP and you'll need to practice your hill climbing. Box Hill and Leith Hill are challenging IMO.
  15. chriscross1966

chriscross1966 Well-Known Member

The Giro Advantage is legal, and no-one can pretend that's a helmet for commuting in

giro-advantage-helmet-black-EV227695-8500-4.jpg [​IMG]