Riding A Flat Bar Bike Into A 20mph Headwind.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
It’s when the head wind is so strong that you have to pedal downhill lest you stop. Then you know you have a strong one.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It’s when the head wind is so strong that you have to pedal downhill lest you stop. Then you know you have a strong one.
I've had that in Mallorca, heading down the NW coast, me and a mate giving it full beans downhill at ....12mph!

massive relief to get to the corner and turn inland.:laugh:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
When I was cycling seriously, the one thing I quickly learned, you cant beat the wind. So you have to modify your attitude to it and that means I found myself not fighting it but finding a pace, a cadence that worked. If that meant doing 10 mph but being able to do it without too much discomfort for 15 miles, then 10 mph it is.

Same goes for hills as goes for headwinds. Just accept that these things are going to kill your pace and live with it. Allow enough time for your journey at a sustainable pace, and don't kill yourself trying to beat the elements. They are going to have the last laugh every time. You against gravity - gravity wins. You against the wind - the wind wins. No contest.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom