Riding - Are there any roads where I can't legally ride my racing bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclelover1997

hi all, this probably sounds a ridiculous question, but when riding is there any roads legally where I can't ride my racing bike. This is my first time really to be honest properly getting in to cycling. Sorry again for the stupid question

Cycle lover .

S-Express

Motorways are out.

S-Express

As are these roads..

MOD-Sign.jpg

The Blackwall tunnel, the Limehouse link tunnel, the Mersey tunnel, the hindhead tunnel, the Southwick hill tunnel ( near Shoreham ), the Medway tunnel, the Dartford tunnel, and all motorways are off limits to bikes.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
pic1.jpg

Interesting topic really. Minimum speed limit of 25mph here, but still legal to ride a bike. (Personally I wouldn't risk it though!)
As has been said, legally, motorways or other places specifically prohibiting cycling.

Drago

Legendary Member
The elevated section at Barnes Meadow? That's lethal in a car!

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Motorways are illegal as others have said. However, just because a road might be legal to cycle on doesn't mean it's safe - always use your own discretion. Too often I haven't planned my route properly and ended up on a nightmare of an A road.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Motorways are illegal as others have said. However, just because a road might be legal to cycle on doesn't mean it's safe - always use your own discretion. Too often I haven't planned my route properly and ended up on a nightmare of an A road.
Rather like yesterday, when I saw two touring cyclists on the parkway(read expressway with a green strip in middle) , taking their lane on a road that is a 30 mph minimum, leading to the Interstate. I have no idea why, as half of the old Route 66 has been converted to a bike path in my area.

Top Bottom