riding at night, anyone else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I ride at night I generally have 3 rear lights and 2 front lights
front ones are one (or two) to be seen
and one that is bright and points a bit down but a quick nudge and it will illuminate everything in front

but the main routes I would like to ride have - over the last few years - been in the papers for cyclists being attacked at night

so that is just a no go

Slick

Guru
If I ride at night I generally have 3 rear lights and 2 front lights
front ones are one (or two) to be seen
and one that is bright and points a bit down but a quick nudge and it will illuminate everything in front

but the main routes I would like to ride have - over the last few years - been in the papers for cyclists being attacked at night

so that is just a no go
Why would you want to ride in Greenock at night? 😜

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Just back from night ride to check lights ahead of an audax brevet

8B304B20-3047-4794-B80A-8DF11AF8871D.jpeg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
on late shifts coming home after midnight and i dont like cycling along the single track country lanes even with enough lights to land a plane as its very spooky with the noises coming from the hedgerows so i end up going out of my way to stay on the main roads.oddly enough on early shift maybe 4 and a half hours later its doesnt bother me although its more downhill so i can "outrun" the ghoulies :smile:

Just back from night ride to check lights ahead of an audax brevet

View attachment 625891
and I thought I was over the top with 3 lights back and front reflective tape everywhere!!

still - I am still waiting for the first Sorry Mate Didn;t See You - although I do sometimes almost want a minor bump where a driver says this just so I can poitn at the lights and tape and clothes and sigh:eek:

simongt

Guru
As about half my commute is along rural roads, when I work late shifts, it's nice just to take in the mostly peacful ride home. This year I'm planning to do some night rides during the summer when there's a full moon ( and hopefully few clouds - ! :rolleyes: ). Just turn night into day with the timing and see how it pans out - ! :okay:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
and I thought I was over the top with 3 lights back and front reflective tape everywhere!!

still - I am still waiting for the first Sorry Mate Didn;t See You - although I do sometimes almost want a minor bump where a driver says this just so I can poitn at the lights and tape and clothes and sigh:eek:

That’s just the fairy lights. They are nothing compared to the dynamo front light. But brighten up the ride for me without affecting night vision.

I love riding at night and recently rode for 3 hours in complete darkness with the view ahead limited to my front lights shine; rustling in the hedgerows betray the presence of wildlife including rats and their predators, foxes. Being in darkness heightens the senses and in the countryside damp, night air carries with it the sweet aroma of vegetation.

I love riding at night and recently rode for 3 hours in complete darkness with the view ahead limited to my front lights shine; rustling in the hedgerows betray the presence of wildlife including rats and their predators, foxes. Being in darkness heightens the senses and in the countryside damp, night air carries with it the sweet aroma of vegetation.

romantic & almost poetic. very nice. funny how some ppl, like us, are drawn to it

Top Bottom