Riding in the rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I actually love the torrential down pours - when i have the full waterproofs on. Big grin on my face.

Can't stand it when it can't decide what to do.

I concur if I'm dressed for it I'd rather it's hammering it down.

redcard

Veteran
The only thing I dislike about the rain is having to carry / wear more clothes etc, but other than that it would never stop me commuting. May postpone a weekend leisure ride though, as I'd rather stay in bed with the good lady.

Don't quite understand those who can't cope with a little bit of rain. It's rather bizarre.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
I must admit this time of year I do quite like riding in the rain. Not to cold so nice on the extremities. Enjoyed a nice 45 minutes in it. Cars giving me a wide berth, probably thinking "look at that loon, what's he grinning at!"

Anyone else enjoying the rain? To be fair we haven't had much of the stuff the last twelve months.
Yeah went out yesterday lunch hour in the pouring rain 19.01 miles in 1 hr 2 mins with a grin on my face, my work colleagues think I am a fruit loop :smile:

I love it in the rain and this is very warm!
Unfortunately I had to take the car today and ran like a big girl in my suit to the car park after work.
I have two sets of waterproof trousers and overshoes - one at work (my old ones that I dislike) and my newer better ones at home in the summer, so if I get caught mid-commute then tough.

In the spring I tend to carry my home set in my backpack until it gets really warmer then they stay at home.

As mentioned, the drivers do seem to give you a wider berth so not a bad thing.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
the rains ok when its not too cold and windy but when it is , my glasses start to steam up reducing my vision etc etc

scotty110788

i cycle 365 days no matter the weather, just a shame the traffic doesn't adapt to it, countless times a bus has went past and caused a tidal wave in my direction :angry: especially when going over a bridge!

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
[QUOTE 1813368, member: 1314"]Don't mind the rain. Only concern is the visual impairment of drivers, especially if it's lashing.[/quote]

That's a fair point, I do tend to ride slower and more cautiously in the wet, and I'm deffinately more cautious when cornering, and when going over drain covers, hit a drain cover on an island once, certainly woke me up!

R600

Über Member
i actualy like to cycle in the rain, but don't like how much harder it is on the bike components that said i do accept that my commute winter bike is built for that purpose

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i love cycling in the rain! today my aveerage cadence has gone from low 70's to high 80's just to keep me warm! lol. plus fair weather cyclists dont appear! i think im the only nutter wearing bibs and a ss jersey at the moment though.

tyred

Legendary Member
I don't mind the rain at all so long as it's not directly into my face. Then it gets on my specs and I can't see anything. Why can't someone patent windscreen wipers for short sighted cyclists? Cars have had this feature for a very long time.

Top Bottom