Riding on the pavement to avoid lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lordloveaduck

It's not the pavement riding to avoid lights that I do but something else I do that produces apoplexy in the car drivers offended by my actions.

When there are those temporary lights, I see no reason whatsoever to stop if it's clear there's nothing coming the other way. Even if something should come at you, our bikes are so narrow as to easily evade them by going the other side of the cones. But drivers who sit patiently most of the time are doing so simply because the light is on red! When it's blatantly obvious the road on the other side of the lights is clear for hundreds of metres, they still sit there, programmed to obey, simply because they have been told to. I've been screamed at, driven at, roared past by boy-racers simply because I took the sensible option of not being over-regulated when there was no reason to do so.

Hate to break it to you. Traffic rules apply to you as well.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Great, thats your opinion and you are entitled to express it.I however abide by the signs, lights whatever - my choice , I ride a MTB on and off road. If somebody rides the pavement , thats their choice..horses for courses here....

If that's all there is to say, why are we all having a discussion about it for four pages (and counting)?

lordloveaduck

No you don't; I get the feeling you enjoyed portraying Mr. Sensible. Common sense overrules petty-minded compliance with stupidity.
No, i enjoy cake, walks on the beach, the feel of jelly between my toes and a wet nose in the morning.
PS
Hate to break it to you. Traffic rules apply to you as well.

One more thing. I also enjoy Columbo ( i would enjoy it more if you bought me the box set)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Columbo-Season-1-7-DVD/dp/B000VA3IX0

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Sorry PaulB but your wrong, and thats why you have been "screamed at, driven at, roared past by boy-racers simply because I took the SELFISH option"

Dan B

Disengaged member
Sorry PaulB but your wrong, and thats why you have been "screamed at, driven at, roared past by boy-racers simply because I took the SELFISH option"
Selfish how exactly?

Dan B

Disengaged member
yes ...they are different, but if you are on a road on whatever "mode" of transport - you adhere to the signs , for your own safety and everybody elses..not embarrasssing to write this.:dry:
What do you do if you are on a road and pushing a pram? I believe this is in law a "carriage" and therefore subject to all the same signs etc as vehicles are

Top Bottom