Ridley Noah - Is it wrong to buy a bike in team colours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
I'm in the process of building up a "best" summer bike, and the chosen frame for the new stead is a Ridley Noah Disc. Now while its great to have the Ridley on line colour scheme configurator, its equally very hard to make a call with so many design options and colour combinations. Then to make matters worse, the more you play around the harder it is to come to some sort of final decision. The fact that the frame is very expensive means that I do really need to be 100% happy with it when its delivered, otherwise I fear that my wife will divorce me!!

But in saying all that, I keep refering back to the Lotto Soudal team colour scheme, it has a couple of extra colour features that all the other design options don't have.

Prehaps its just me, but its team colours, even though it makes no mention of Lotto Soudal on the paint design, it is a team colour design at the end of the day. For example I really hate team colour tops/shorts on anyone unless of course they are being paid to wear them.

84279_ridley_noah_fast_disc_frameset.jpg

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Erm,

It's black and red, so who cares. Good colour. No sponsor logo's so fine. The colour design will change next season.

Sharky

Guru
For example I really hate team colour tops/shorts on anyone unless of course they are being paid to wear them.
I appreciate your view on clothing. I entered the Ride London one year. I didn't get in, but they sent me a jersey any way. To this day, I have never worn it as I would not be comfortable displaying an event that I hadn't actually ridden.

Re your frame colours - it looks quite nice. There have been lots of replica paint jobs over the years and it wouldn't put me off, although have never had one myself.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
IMO You'd have to be a real nerd to spot that it's Lotto Soudal colours and not just a red bike. You'd have to be an tragic uber nerd to both spot it and care.

But if it's a personal bugbear of yours: "I really hate team colour tops/shorts on anyone unless of course they are being paid to wear them". and it would appear that it is, then get one in a different colour. It's your bike.

Many years ago I read an article about colour theory and one of the main points was that the red/black/white combination was very powerful combination in the design world. I don't remember the reasons for it but it was something to do with black and white being opposites and red being received in a particular way by our brain.

That's why logos with red/black/white are powerful. Think about the Nazi flag for example.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
That's why logos with red/black/white are powerful. Think about the Nazi flag for example.
.......:ohmy:

Top Bottom