Ridley Noah - Is it wrong to buy a bike in team colours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
How do you like the Zed wheels? I was looking at buying a pair from him, but he was a bit hit and miss replying to my enquiry and questions, so I went for the FFWD wheel instead.

They seem well made but have been sat for a year waiting for a bike. Some of my son's team-mates like them a lot. Zed have been incredibly busy in recent months, which is why they might be a bit slow replying as a very small business.

We've just picked up a pair of bespoke wheels from NR6 which are similar and decent value, but they're one of my son's sponsors. They arrive tomorrow and are his Christmas present.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
They seem well made but have been sat for a year waiting for a bike. Some of my son's team-mates like them a lot. Zed have been incredibly busy in recent months, which is why they might be a bit slow replying as a very small business.
If you want them testing out in the meantime, I'd be happy to offer that service:laugh:

I do quite fancy a set for my best bike, not that I can justify them under any performance need, but a pair of 38mm would look lovely. Maybe in the spring if I've been a good boy. Maybe an investment of the saving of not being able to get away skiing this year (again)...:whistle:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
If you want them testing out in the meantime, I'd be happy to offer that service:laugh:

I do quite fancy a set for my best bike, not that I can justify them under any performance need, but a pair of 38mm would look lovely. Maybe in the spring if I've been a good boy. Maybe an investment of the saving of not being able to get away skiing this year (again)...:whistle:

Ah! These are 50mm. And the missing parts should arrive this week, so it can go off to the LBS for finishing.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Why not get the colour that you like? Who cares that it’s Lotto soup’s colours. Who would know anyway?
It’s your bike, get what pleases you and, really, who gives a monkey’s about what other people think? Unless you are 12 and trying to fit in with the popular kids at school.
Are you 12?

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Why not get the colour that you like? Who cares that it’s Lotto soup’s colours. Who would know anyway?
It’s your bike, get what pleases you and, really, who gives a monkey’s about what other people think?

I intend to buy what I want and no I don't give a flying fig what anyone thinks, its not there bike. The problem is solely with me and what I think, end of. As I've already eluded to, I hate team stuff unless you are being paid to wear it or ride it. And yes the colour scheme in question is the Lotto Soudal team colours but thankfully no sponsors name on it, otherwise it wouldn't even up for discusion.

Unless you are 12 and trying to fit in with the popular kids at school.

I never was very popular at school

Are you 12?

Mental age....probably a bit younger to be honest

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
@AlanW get what ever colour YOU want, it really doesn't matter one jot, even if it has sponsors name plastered all over it IF its what YOU want, why does it matter what others think

I will trust me and no it certainly doesn't matter to me what others think, its what I think that matters. That's the problem!

Top Bottom