Ridley Noah - Is it wrong to buy a bike in team colours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Matt black is so last year.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I intend to buy what I want and no I don't give a flying fig what anyone thinks, its not there bike. The problem is solely with me and what I think, end of. As I've already eluded to, I hate team stuff unless you are being paid to wear it or ride it. And yes the colour scheme in question is the Lotto Soudal team colours but thankfully no sponsors name on it, otherwise it wouldn't even up for discusion.

I never was very popular at school

Mental age....probably a bit younger to be honest
I would have had no idea what Lotto Soudal team colours were, had you not mentioned it. I quite like the design that you put a picture of. It looks nice.

Not a fan of team coloured bikes myself. Used to regularly see a bloke on a Sky branded bike, wearing Sky kit. I don’t think he was a pro as I used to overtake him, most nights, while out on my gravel bike. Whatever tickles your pickles though :smile:
I liked the bike in that blue colour that you posted.
I completely agree with you, that you have to be completely sure that it’s a paint scheme that you will love when spending a lot of money on the bike.

As for age, I had my 14th birthday last year. One day, I might act it. Today is not that day, tomorrow is looking unlikely too. :becool:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
As others have said no one will notice or care what bike you are on. Red and black looks fine.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I disagree, the only colour for a bike is matt black.
Not sure about that to be fair
I'm very sure that matt black is an awful colour for a bike - or a car that matter, unless you're drug dealer or a pimp.

I would have had no idea what Lotto Soudal team colours were, had you not mentioned it.
Yes, me too, If forced to guess I'd have said red and something, from the jerseys, but no one will go "oh you got the LS team colour bike" unless you happen to bump into say Phillipe Gilbert.

Last edited:

Fredo76

Über Member
The only colour for a bike is blue.
I know of at least one other color...
ColorMatch2.jpg

There must be more, even!

Fredo76

Über Member
Is the pic on the left you looking for where you left your bike at the side of the path when you nipped off for quick pee?:laugh:
I told my brother, who gave me the powdercoating job as a birthday present, that I wanted the color to be the average of the green pixel values in that image he sent me from one of their camping trips.

Now if I mis-place it in the forest, I'll never find it!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I'm very sure that matt black is an awful colour for a bike - or a car that matter, unless you're drug dealer or a pimp.

Yes, me too, If forced to guess I'd have said red and something, from the jerseys, but no one will go "oh you got the LS team colour bike" unless you happen to bump into say Phillipe Gilbert.
Neither of those stereotypes I just like matt black.

Top Bottom