Ridley Noah - Is it wrong to buy a bike in team colours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
That's interesting, all I can see now when looking at the OP's red/black/white frame is the Nazi swastika flag :sad:

Does this help?

s-l300.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The only colour for a bike is blue.

Yup. My best bike is white and blue in a custom paint scheme I designed.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I'm in the process of building up a "best" summer bike, and the chosen frame for the new stead is a Ridley Noah Disc. Now while its great to have the Ridley on line colour scheme configurator, its equally very hard to make a call with so many design options and colour combinations. Then to make matters worse, the more you play around the harder it is to come to some sort of final decision. The fact that the frame is very expensive means that I do really need to be 100% happy with it when its delivered, otherwise I fear that my wife will divorce me!!

But in saying all that, I keep refering back to the Lotto Soudal team colour scheme, it has a couple of extra colour features that all the other design options don't have.

Prehaps its just me, but its team colours, even though it makes no mention of Lotto Soudal on the paint design, it is a team colour design at the end of the day. For example I really hate team colour tops/shorts on anyone unless of course they are being paid to wear them.

View attachment 622397
Nothing wrong with red and black colour scheme.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How much longer for custom choice vs off the shelf. I like both those red black schemes. Depends whether you want more logos or not.

I always find it funny with MTBs how there is always a big logo underneath the down tube. OK visibility when you get air time, or for me, when upside down in a hedge or ditch.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
How much longer for custom choice vs off the shelf. I like both those red black schemes. Depends whether you want more logos or not.

I always find it funny with MTBs how there is always a big logo underneath the down tube. OK visibility when you get air time, or for me, when upside down in a hedge or ditch.

No difference as far as I know, if I can get the order in before Christmas, in what ever colour choice, I've been told February delivery. The next major problem is sourcing the group set, but that's another story :ohmy:

vickster

Legendary Member
As long as it’s not all black, all good :okay:

What colours are the clothes in your wardrobe, clearly they need to go with the frame :laugh:

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
I like both those red black schemes. Depends whether you want more logos or not.

I must admit I do like the second one, as I like more red. But I also like some of the additional Ridley logos on the first one. I might see if they would be prepared to do a mix of the two designs, they can only say no I guess?

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
As long as it’s not all black, all good :okay:

What colours are the clothes in your wardrobe, clearly they need to go with the frame :laugh:

But of course :laugh:

alchurch

This is a dangerous thread for me, I went to LBS a few years ago for some chain lube. There was an ex demo tarmac tap frame my size at a huge discount. Shimano were just releasing new di2 group sets, no point having rubbish wheels on that, so having spent double the value of my car , I had some explaining to do when I got home. I have this tattoo on my forehead which says " take me to the most expensive thing you sell"

Alex321

Veteran
This is a dangerous thread for me, I went to LBS a few years ago for some chain lube. There was an ex demo tarmac tap frame my size at a huge discount. Shimano were just releasing new di2 group sets, no point having rubbish wheels on that, so having spent double the value of my car , I had some explaining to do when I got home. I have this tattoo on my forehead which says " take me to the most expensive thing you sell"
Expensive chain lube :laugh:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
No difference as far as I know, if I can get the order in before Christmas, in what ever colour choice, I've been told February delivery. The next major problem is sourcing the group set, but that's another story :ohmy:

That'd be my advice as well. Ridley are having real difficulty in sourcing components, with frames sat around for months waiting on just a handful of minor parts.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
That'd be my advice as well. Ridley are having real difficulty in sourcing components, with frames sat around for months waiting on just a handful of minor parts.

To be fair all manufacturers are suffering the same plight. I started this build just before the new Ultegra Di2 12 speed group set was launched, when I initially enquired at my local LBS about ordering the group set, I was told October 2023 and that date came from the UK importer. :sad:

Then it moved to August 2022, but I'm pleased to say that a few are starting to trickle into the UK now. So the only thing I have right now is a pair of FFWD RYOT 44 wheels and 140mm rotors :laugh:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@AlanW - we were similar, having had a set of race wheels built for my son by Zed, plus another couple of pairs of training/backup wheels from FFWD and Absolute Black.

The bike was due in March, then June, eventually mostly arriving in October. We're still waiting on the last couple of bolts/connectors for the carbon handlebars that arrived last month.

Top Bottom