Riese and Muller

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
not long back from York, https://www.electricbikesales.co.uk/ went to try a riese and muller stepthrough for Karon....as the Haibike that I got for her back in Jan .. she just was not comfortable and was not really enjoying her riding. despite getting the small xs model.
she loved the Riese & Muller Nevo https://www.r-m.de/en-gb/models/nevo-gt/ it was so much better for her ...also come`s in 26 wheel which is a plus, to dam wet for a test run but going back in the new year for that, just need to choose between cassette & derailleur and chain .. which I am used to (In case of problems on the road) or the Nuvinci a belt drive

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think @Pale Rider has that make of bike.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
also while she was looking I think I have fallen in love with their charger ....poss could end up a very expensive day out .. lol

I have what is now the previous model of the Charger.

Riese and Muller bikes are nicely made, very sturdy, but fairly heavy even for an ebike.

Most of the components are good quality, albeit they know how to charge for them.

I fancied an ebike with a Rohloff hub, so it was either Riese and Muller or build my own.

Price wasn't too sore by the time I'd screwed a decent discount from the supplier.

OP
OP
theloafer

theloafer

Legendary Member
finally got back down to York https://www.electricbikesales.co.uk/ for our test rides ... for me it was the Supercharger GX rohloff midnight blue ....and for my partner after her problems with her haibikes(getting on and off) she picked the Nevo GH vario red and with 26" wheels and also the dual battery ....here poss the middle-end march.... expensive day out but still cant wait
upload_2019-2-9_13-59-50.gif
...my partner is still in shock

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
finally got back down to York https://www.electricbikesales.co.uk/ for our test rides ... for me it was the Supercharger GX rohloff midnight blue ....and for my partner after her problems with her haibikes(getting on and off) she picked the Nevo GH vario red and with 26" wheels and also the dual battery ....here poss the middle-end march.... expensive day out but still cant wait View attachment 451552 View attachment 451551 View attachment 451556 ...my partner is still in shock View attachment 451553 View attachment 451555 View attachment 451554

Well, if a job's worth doing.

I see you are getting electronic shifting on the Rohloff bike.

That may be worth having, given that the twin cable twist shift is a bit clunky.

Looking at the pics online, you may be getting Rock Razor tyres, which I did.

Strange choice, a cross-country mountain bike tyre which seems to me to be too light for such a heavy bike.

After a handful of punctures I replaced mine with Schwalbe Moto-X - the 2.4" size sits nicely on the bike.

More robust than the Rock Razors, and the shallow trekking tread is more suitable for my use.

Riese and Muller were fitting Moto-X tyres to some bikes at the factory, so you can never be sure what will turn up.

OP
OP
theloafer

theloafer

Legendary Member
I see you are getting electronic shifting on the Rohloff bike.

yes ..took a while to get used to but was impressed with it guy in shop says its easy to get used to....lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
theloafer

theloafer

Legendary Member
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:bike shop just called THEY HAVE ARRIVED whoooooooooooooooooo :dance::dance::dance::dance: will be picking them up on Saturday ....... now all I need to do is sell the other one`s

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
@Pale Rider

the electronic shifting is awesome almost done 400 miles and it has never missed a change had it in for its first service last week got john to change the tyres for the moto x 2.4 there was a big difference felt straight away :okay:

The 2.4" Moto X tyres suit the bike well.

I had several punctures with the supplied Rock Razors, and one or two flats with the Moto Xs, although they are better.

Tubeless is working for me, no punctures for 18 months at the cost of some faffing about with sealant.

pete75

finally got back down to York https://www.electricbikesales.co.uk/ for our test rides ... for me it was the Supercharger GX rohloff midnight blue ....and for my partner after her problems with her haibikes(getting on and off) she picked the Nevo GH vario red and with 26" wheels and also the dual battery ....here poss the middle-end march.... expensive day out but still cant wait View attachment 451552 View attachment 451551 View attachment 451556 ...my partner is still in shock View attachment 451553 View attachment 451555 View attachment 451554
Hello

Im also looking at R+M Supercharger , as you point out -expensive piece of kit but well built.
Did you manage to negotiate a reasonable discount ?
Pete

Top Bottom