Right foot touching the top tube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Me neither - if they suit.

But it's obvious in this case they do not.

No one, as far as I can see, suggested the OP dump the cleats.

That might not work, but it really is the first thing that should be tried.

But from the clip you can see he is not sitting straight on the bike.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Three points of contact on a bike - seat, bars, and pedals.

The OP needs to find a natural riding position which he will not be able to do if one of those contact points is fixed.

No one is suggesting he should be strapped to the saddle or have his hands bound to the bars.

That would be stupid, so why do it with the third contact point?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I also raised the saddle that will not impact the knee/vs the ball of the foot?
what is the meaning of sh15?
Think about it. Ignore KOPS, it's also sh15.

The notion of knee over pedal spindle achieved validity by repetition, there's absolutely no biomechanical reasoning for it. Saddle fore/aft is not used to get knees over pedals.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Three points of contact on a bike - seat, bars, and pedals.

The OP needs to find a natural riding position which he will not be able to do if one of those contact points is fixed.

No one is suggesting he should be strapped to the saddle or have his hands bound to the bars.

That would be stupid, so why do it with the third contact point?

Why do you keep reverting to stupid? you can see he is sitting sideways clipped in or not that could do with sorting.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
I would not recommend extenders, IMO they’re a bodge, these would be better, they have a longer shaft. Shimano PD-A600. they pop up used on eBay for about £30

screenman

Legendary Member
Right I am sitting on my bike on the turbo right now typing this, I drop one hip slightly and this twists me making my knee closer to the top tube, no matter how I place my foot it makes very little difference. Straightening back up moves my foot, notice earlier on I also mentioned knee to are difference, I wonder if the OP could have a look at that next time he is on the bike.

OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

Why would his bits not clout the frame when it is obvious that the problem is with his hips and not the pedal foot connection. I take it nobody has bothered reading the excellent Steve Hogg reports, I have problems with sitting slightly off center and went back to flats for that reason, I very soon dropped them, I am certainly not a roadie, I am a cyclist.
could you share the links to Steve Hogg reports. I barely found one interview with him and one handle bar adjustment in youtube. maybe in my region the search is different from yours.

OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

Me neither - if they suit.

But it's obvious in this case they do not.

No one, as far as I can see, suggested the OP dump the cleats.

That might not work, but it really is the first thing that should be tried.
mine are dual platform/spd. if I knew I would tried it yesterday with the platform side. now with yesterday adjustment it looks much better with the cleats.

OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

Think about it. Ignore KOPS, it's also sh15.

The notion of knee over pedal spindle achieved validity by repetition, there's absolutely no biomechanical reasoning for it. Saddle fore/aft is not used to get knees over pedals.
have no idea what do you mean by KOPS and sh15. I reviewed the acronym page and they are not there.

Top Bottom