Right foot touching the top tube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

Your right knee rubs the top tube but not on every rotation, about 1 in 7. This may suggest you are moving on your seat. Check your seat position and saddle height. Do you have any pain in your right hip?
Yes I do have suffer from hip issues (right)

spiderman2

Über Member

Based on my experiences (my legs/feet/ ankles have done similar in the past and as muscles tighten/ tire it'd be different again) @tdcadillac I'd guess at a leg length discrepancy. I use a shim to correct mine and another to angle my foot up on the outside slightly but I use road cleats and its fairly easy to shim/adjust; I'm not sure about mtb cleats like you have.

OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

Thank you all, I did few adjustment today and spent 1 hour doing bike fit than being in the bike training but it is well worth :smile: I raised the saddle 0.5 cm and bring it back 1 cm and align it properly. It is almost perfect now. the gentleman who mentioned about saddle alignment was right. The person that did my bike fit forget to align it properly. The only thing I need to do after this adjustment is to do the plumb line. from visual, it look OK but don't know where to find a plum that is specific to bike fit to do right. I do have one but it is too big for the job.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
That's not a thing, your bike fitter is sh15.

Saddle fore/aft is for adjustment of balance. There's absolutely no basis for a knee to be in the middle of the pedal axle

OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

That's not a thing, your bike fitter is sh15.

Saddle fore/aft is for adjustment of balance. There's absolutely no basis for a knee to be in the middle of the pedal axle

I also raised the saddle that will not impact the knee/vs the ball of the foot?
what is the meaning of sh15?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My feet and knees hate flats, the one bike they are on seldom comes off the rack.

Fine, but it appears the OP's body hates clip ins.

Roadies are hilarious.

They spend hundreds on special shoes and pedals which lock their feet into an unusable position.

They then spend hours trying to make pathetic mm adjustments in a bid to sort it.

It is all but certain if the OP used platforms, his feet and other bits of his body would no longer clout bits of the bike.

After all, we don't often get posts from riders on platforms complaining they cause unwanted contact with the bike.

screenman

Legendary Member

Roadies are hilarious.

They spend hundreds on special shoes and pedals which lock their feet into an unusable position.

They then spend hours trying to make pathetic mm adjustments in a bid to sort it.

It is all but certain if the OP used platforms, his feet and other bits of his body would no longer clout bits of the bike.

After all, we don't often get posts from riders on platforms complaining they cause unwanted contact with the bike.

Why would his bits not clout the frame when it is obvious that the problem is with his hips and not the pedal foot connection. I take it nobody has bothered reading the excellent Steve Hogg reports, I have problems with sitting slightly off center and went back to flats for that reason, I very soon dropped them, I am certainly not a roadie, I am a cyclist.

PaulSB

Legendary Member

Roadies are hilarious.

Correctly positioned feet held in place on the pedal are a real benefit to many people. I find platforms a hindrance, especially so when hill climbing.

I'm not though going to ridicule those who chose to use them.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm not though going to ridicule those who chose to use them.

Me neither - if they suit.

But it's obvious in this case they do not.

No one, as far as I can see, suggested the OP dump the cleats.

That might not work, but it really is the first thing that should be tried.

Top Bottom