Right Hook - Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dhd.evans

dhd.evans

Veteran
We are a cynical lot here, aren't we!

That's not a criticism, it's exactly why i asked. Perhaps i am being too naive here. Time will tell.

classic33

Leg End Member
upload_2019-5-9_16-48-55.png

Dommo

Veteran
We are a cynical lot here, aren't we!

Yes. It comes with riding on the roads with these types of drivers around :smile:

I'd echo most of the comments. I certainly wouldn't meet up. Just get it dealt with via insurance and even the police if you fancy trying to find one who might be even be interested. Oops, more cynicism. ;)

Dom

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yes. It comes with riding on the roads with these types of drivers around :smile:
And probably from some of us settling things quickly and quietly and later doubting that we did the right thing... as there's a driver now on the road insured fraudulently because they probably didn't report a third-party-damage collision.

OP
OP
dhd.evans

dhd.evans

Veteran
Update: driver a little miffed that bills might run to the £300-400 mark. Asking if we can get a second opinion. Blithely stated that we could, but won't make much difference. Suggests it might be a hundred quid or so. Asks if I recollect exactly what happened. Produced video, questioning of incident immediately ceased.

Advised that we can do it offline with a bill, or online via insurance. Chap was very insistent that insurance is not an option.

Outcome: LBS will advise bill, chap will stump up. Advised him that video has him bang to rights and we can proceed down solicitor route if he so wants. Unfortunate that he has recently lost his job but he will "beg, borrow and steal" to make it right.

classic33

Leg End Member
Update: driver a little miffed that bills might run to the £300-400 mark. Asking if we can get a second opinion. Blithely stated that we could, but won't make much difference. Suggests it might be a hundred quid or so. Asks if I recollect exactly what happened. Produced video, questioning of incident immediately ceased.

Advised that we can do it offline with a bill, or online via insurance. Chap was very insistent that insurance is not an option.

Outcome: LBS will advise bill, chap will stump up. Advised him that video has him bang to rights and we can proceed down solicitor route if he so wants. Unfortunate that he has recently lost his job but he will "beg, borrow and steal" to make it right.
Have either of you reported the incident?

Milkfloat

An Peanut

Alarm bells!!! This sounds like it could get into a very protracted situation where you never get paid and he tries to get away with it. From what you have said I would be reporting to police and insurance straight away,

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
^^^^^WHS^^^^^

Edit. Why is insurance not an option? If his no claims is already damaged by previous incidents, it is potentially all the more reason for his insurance to be aware of the incident. Or are you dealing with an uninsured driver, who has therefore committed an offence?

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
Do you know if he has any insurance?

If you are not a CUK / BC member your house insurance may cover legal costs.

Top Bottom