Right or left brain test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Anti Clockwise

Mostly clockwise but occasionally anti-clockwise when I'm glancing at it out of the corner of my eye.

Magnatom you're one of those people who make me wish I'd listened in science at school. Just like some of the guys I meet from the OU who do experiments on moon rock and look for galaxies in outer space...

NickM

Veteran
She's quite clearly turning clockwise to me, which according to the blurb makes me right-brain dominated.

Which is cobblers - I'm about as left-brain dominated as you can be and still have a right brain.

papercorn2000

REALLY addictive, I've had it on my computer for a few months. One of the kids at school did 55 seconds (in IT class, with witnesses!) Anything over 20-30 seconds is pretty good.

simoncc said:
Try this. I got to 20.376 seconds after a few goes, but things speeded up a lot after about 18 seconds.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~pontipak/redsquare.html

The lady goes clockwise. I can't make her go any other direction!

Mrs.C claims that she changes direction every time she looks away!

Kirstie said:
Mostly clockwise but occasionally anti-clockwise when I'm glancing at it out of the corner of my eye.

Magnatom you're one of those people who make me wish I'd listened in science at school. Just like some of the guys I meet from the OU who do experiments on moon rock and look for galaxies in outer space...

The grass is always greener....

But yes I do enjoy my job. I am involved with a number of projects looking at depression, autism, stroke, brain injury etc. I also do some clinical work which is rewarding because the work I do can affect how patients are treated. Every day is different, and I even find time to post on here (oops!:blush:)

The best bit though is I get to lie down in the scanner every so often to get new bit of my body scanned for research. There isn't much of my insides that I haven't seen!! :angry::biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
bonj said:
what does it prove, which way your brain spins? I can't get it to open but when i do i'll tell you.
If your brain is spinning, I'd see a doctor, quick! :blush::angry:
And by "get it open", are you talking about your skull? If so you need Dr. Hfuhruhurr's screw-top technique!

bonj2

she's clearly spinning clockwise. I don't see how you could possibly think she's spinning anticlockwise, unless you're looking up from below.

bonj2

God I cannot understand the people that keep posting things like "i can get her going anti-clockwise", it's not a matter of getting her going any way, she's spinning clockwise, the animation has been programmed to have her spinning clockwise and if you can't see that then you need glasses. it's not like these is-it-concave/is-it-convex illusions, there is clearly no doubt about this.

bonj said:
God I cannot understand the people that keep posting things like "i can get her going anti-clockwise", it's not a matter of getting her going any way, she's spinning clockwise, the animation has been programmed to have her spinning clockwise and if you can't see that then you need glasses. it's not like these is-it-concave/is-it-convex illusions, there is clearly no doubt about this.

Bonj,

Here is a better example of the illusion http://labix.org/snippets/cube

Which way is this cube rotating? Move your eyes around a bit and you will notice that if flicks between clockwise and anti-clockwise. It's just a little harder to see with the woman. The womans rotation could be coded in a very similar way.

Top Bottom