Rip it up - A history of Scottish pop music.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
But they do bloody love that awful Proclaimers song...

It's a shame that song is pretty much all anyone knows about The Proclaimers.

Letter to America? I don't mind it. I actually think the Proclaimers wrote a good number of far worse songs.

On the other hand, they also wrote Sunshine On Leith, so I can forgive them pretty much anything.

I'm mostly just disappointed (but not surprised) that a thread on Scottish pop music has drawn the usual ignorant cliches. It's like judging all English pop music on Bucks Fizz and Rick Astley.

Dave7

Legendary Member
With 11 hole Doc Martin's and tartan scarves tied round your wrist as well?^_^
Of course... did I need to say it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's a shame that song is pretty much all anyone knows about The Proclaimers. They're a damn good band once you get past it.
I like pretty much every one I have heard. Saw them live last year....brilliant. I also really enjoyed the film Sunshine on Leith.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
ahh 2 parts !
I caught it last night and wondered why so many bands were missed...
three, according to the iPlayer :smile:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Liked the bit of film they showed of the Skids doing Masqerade and Stuart Adamson accidentally faceplanted the mic

AndyRM

XOXO
Great, they might have time to mention Gerry Rafferty, Al Stewart and Iain David McGeachy not forgetting Hamish Imlach.

True story: I used to work for a radio station and they decided they wanted to play a morning of "iconic English pop" to mark St. George's day in their breakfast show. They decided to lead with Baker Street. Took a good few websites before the producer of the show accepted his mistake.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
True story: I used to work for a radio station and they decided they wanted to play a morning of "iconic English pop" to mark St. George's day in their breakfast show. They decided to lead with Baker Street. Took a good few websites before the producer of the show accepted his mistake.
The Bob Holness version?

Top Bottom