Rise Above: A Cav branded sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
On my doorstep but I bottled it and went for the 120km route. I've done Bwlch Penbarras on a MTB and it was granny ring all the way. Not looking forward to trying it on my roady even with 34-28 I need to get some hill work in now my TCR has arrived

been looking at this, 120km route probably

Rallybiker

Rule #85
Training is going ok for this and I've dumped over a stone in preparation for the 185km. Just got to keep on getting the miles and protein in!!

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Did a couple of the hills in it today and I think I'm still a little short of ready. I can do them all individually but not sure about all in one ride! I'm doing the 120km

Stockie

Ticking the boxes
Also doing the 120km Big Dave. Feeling a little apprehensive about the total climbing most I have done before is 1000 metres so should be a challenge. There is a good article about the route in this months Cyclist if you get chance to read it.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Nice one Stockie I'll have a look at that. Yes the climbing is relentless on it I think. I don't know if knowing them all is a good or bad thing, my brain is doing a good job of talking me out of it. I'm sure we'll all be OK and it'll be a fantastic day. It'll be nice to meet new people with the same interests.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Did all the major climbs in the Cav 120km route today and feeling a bit tired. Happy that I'll be able to at least complete it on the 9th but can't see me being in the top 10 :laugh:

How did you find the Bwlch (Pen Barras) (... turn left off the 494 ...)?
Don't know if you've gone up the old horseshoe? It's a good one to strengthen the legs.

Have a bash at the old one, its a bit of a slog, granny gear all the way and its slightly steeper after the cattle grid, but it is doable. Must admit, I don't take the inside line on the bend on the bwlch ...

Subotai72

After checking out the parcours I wimped out and signed on fo the 80km route. I quite fancied being able to sit down to enjoy my post-ride pint in the Pied Bull!

Top Bottom