Rise Above: A Cav branded sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
I was in better shape a month ago but 2 weeks in Greece has put pay to that :sad: I'm predicting a tough day but it'll be a good one.

Rallybiker

Rule #85
My legs are hurting now!!

Subotai72

Fantastic event all-round. Not the furthest I've ever ridden but definitely the hardest 80km I've ever done! Slightly disappointed that I was 22 secs over the 4 hrs I'd set myself but chuffed that as I crossed the line Cav followed me over! I know he set off in the group before me and did an extra 40km but still a win is a win!☺

Attachments

• IMG_20150809_203448.jpg
    IMG_20150809_203448.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 74

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I rode the 185...whoever did the route profile didn't get the alt gain right that's for sure. It ended up at 3800m not 2800m with a few very steep hills in excess of 20% in places and they kept coming until the very last run into chester. Thankfully the rain held off but there was a vicious wind blowing, especially when we got up towards the wind farms and reservoir at Llyn Brenig, felt for the guy I saw doing it on a TT bike with 80mm deep sections in, he said he got blown off the road. There was some low cloud about, but it was actually quite pleasant with a mild cooling effect. I didn't get to see Cav on the road as he was doing the 120 route but got a handshake and fist bump from him on the start line.

Last edited:

Subotai72

I rode the 185...whoever did the route profile didn't get the alt gain right that's for sure. It ended up at 3800m not 2800m with a few very steep hills in excess of 20% in places and they kept coming until the very last run into chester. Thankfully the rain held off but there was a vicious wind blowing, especially when we got up towards the wind farms and reservoir at Llyn Brenig, felt for the guy I saw doing it on a TT bike with 80mm deep sections in, he said he got blown off the road. There was some low cloud about, but it was actually quite pleasant with a mild cooling effect. I didn't get to see Cav on the road as he was doing the 120 route but got a handshake and fist bump from him on the start line.
Awesome effort doing that ride! I'm still in bits from doing the 80km, that had nearly 1000m of climbing!

Last edited:

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
I've come into work because I felt ok this morning but legs are stiffening up now. Great day and looking forward to next years event now. Hopefully the KOM will be on a more manageable hill

Top Bottom