Road bike clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ste pt1

Right as sone of you may know lol I'm about to order a cube pelaton road bike and I'm abit concerned on the Lycra front ,I'll be 42 in May in not overweight but I gave put a few lbs on around the belly :sad: now with the hybrid I stuck a pair of combats on with a altura airstream top and altura night vision top also I've a pair if brand new shimano mt33 shoes for the 530 pedals is it so important to spend another £100 on road shoes ?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No it's not important if you don't think so.

And don't worry about the lycra, no one cares what you wear.

jim55

Guru
no ,iv got spds on my cube ,not spd sl ,looks ok i think im using a pair of specialized touring shoes (look a bit like road shoes but importantly you can walk easier as theyyv got a smooth rubber sole and cleats are recessed

zizou

Veteran
Your existing shoes and pedals will be fine.

As for lycra, you'll embrace it eventually may as well just start from day one.

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

I've only recently gone clipless on the hybrid but the mt33 are so comfy ( studied martial arts for many years so I thought I was quite for until I got back on a bike :sad: and I've out a stone on this year so far ,lost my sister on New Year's Eve so been eating way to much junk but it's time to get back out and I want to do the Manchester blackpool charity event this year

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Stick with the pedals for sure- go with the clothing that makes you happy but don't be afraid to give the lycra a go.
I still remember my first lycra outing when moving from baggy shorts and t-shirt- the irritating flap flap flap and bellowing of the clothes had gone and I'm sure I went faster (that may have just been in my mind but hey)

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Just remember the NO team kit rule :smile:

OP
OP
Ste pt1

Ste pt1

I know not to wear team colours etc as seen on the tour ,not good when I'd wear a sky jersey and a 60 yr old overtakes me

vickster

Legendary Member
Wear what you want, but white shorts are a no no especially when they have started to get a little see through and some poor woman has to follow your crack xx(

Top Bottom