Road bike clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Right as sone of you may know lol I'm about to order a cube pelaton road bike and I'm abit concerned on the Lycra front ,I'll be 42 in May in not overweight but I gave put a few lbs on around the belly :sad: now with the hybrid I stuck a pair of combats on with a altura airstream top and altura night vision top also I've a pair if brand new shimano mt33 shoes for the 530 pedals is it so important to spend another £100 on road shoes ?
42 in May for me too. I found that if you wear bib shorts and a tight fitting jersey, they tend to suck the belly in so you actually look slimmer....that is what I keep telling myself anyway:thumbsup:

I think nearly everyone has doubts about lycra at first but come to see the benefits in time, its not 100% neccessary from day one however, although you will innevitably go down this route. Your existsing shoes and clips will be fine though and unless you are racing wont be a noticeable disbenefit and it may be argues they are a benefit in walking to the cafe :thumbsup:

Top Bottom