Road bike for TT's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Andy_G

When i start doing TT's ill have to ride there on a TT bike with all the trimmings, im gonna look like a proper bell end.

endoman

When i start doing TT's ill have to ride there on a TT bike with all the trimmings, im gonna look like a proper bell end.
Take aero helmet in a rucksack and leave with the starter etc. The swap back for return. Ideal warm up and cool down, I've ridden to club events in skinsuit and aero lid etc.

@Andy_G the bikes you have listed are very nice but possibly over valued in terms of bang for buck.

For example, for similar money you could have something like this Dolan Scala with better spec and a serious set of wheels. Full bike is £4300 which is way more than i would budget but if that's your bag then IMO it doesn't get much better for value.

For less money and arguably even more value there is always Planet X TT bikes. Highly rated and for half the cash of some of the bikes you mentioned from Evans.

It is largely down to opinion but the bikes you are looking at would be good enough for a local pro. Someone above did mention getting both with your budget - a decent road bike and a decent TT bike. Best of both worlds.

Whichever way you go though i wish you the best of luck. TT'ing is one of the most rewarding ways to spend your time on a bike.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I'd take a Chinese special over a PX any day of the week. Both are open mold frames (the PX frames are sold under various brands) but the ones such as those VamP bought are much snazzier (and being snazzy saves at least 10 seconds) and cheap!

I'd differ there but that's the beauty of opinions. Probably due to a bad experience with a well known Chinese special/manufacturer.

I haven't heard the word "snazzy" in some time though, that has brightened my morning considerably. Now back to my morning coffee. :cuppa:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Just thought to mention this but my club mate runs a company selling some of the nicest and keenest priced carbon TT bikes and wheels going. Many UK domestic testers and track riders are riding on the wheels, frames and aero bars that he sells. Definitely worthy of consideration, especially given the service and advice you get from him (being one of the UK's quick men himself and an aero obsessive, he knows his stuff).

ADR Carbon (http://www.adrcarbon.com/)

Edwards80 is riding one of the road frames and I am sure he would attest, ADR is the bomb!

Just thought to mention this but my club mate runs a company selling some of the nicest and keenest priced carbon TT bikes and wheels going. Many UK domestic testers and track riders are riding on the wheels, frames and aero bars that he sells. Definitely worthy of consideration, especially given the service and advice you get from him (being one of the UK's quick men himself and an aero obsessive, he knows his stuff).

ADR Carbon (http://www.adrcarbon.com/)

Edwards80 is riding one of the road frames and I am sure he would attest, ADR is the bomb!
The TT bike looks rather tasty indeed. Dura ace, rear disc and tri spoke - hmmm better hide the credit card.

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

I must admit the TT bike is rather dashing, and for that price and Dura ace is very tempting.
The only thing that slightly puts me off is the years warranty.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Would have to contact them re. that. Very approachable guy, drop him an email if you have a question, for example regarding the warranty period.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
No I ride a Cannondale, which I bought before I knew Scott. Otherwise things might be different. As I said before @Edwards80 rides one of their road frames and I know many other people with various stuff. One of my clubmates has both road and TT bikes from them.

You will see ADR bikes, wheels and bars all across the country at TT's though.

Last edited:
James Gullen of Team Hope Factory Racing (which I believe is a pro team) races TT's on an ADR, does mid 18's.
Yup i'll be buying a TT bike for next season and will defo keep an eye on ADR. Seems like quality for decent cash.

I have a few months of trying to figure out a way to tell the missus that i need 4 bikes in garage and not 3. :eek:

Top Bottom