road bike frame size for 6'2"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
I know nothing about bikes to look at them

The colour alone was worth £800

no joke

if you like rich reds

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
So - tell us...you've been measured and fitted by a pro: what size did you get? (Also compact or normal, your height & inside leg - please.) For what it's worth, I've been riding a 65cm conventional frame for two years and love it, and I'm 6ft, but long legged (34" inside leg). I think it is actually on the big side tho', and have just got a Vitus979 frame at 62cm, which I'm really looking forward to riding, when I've got all the bits on. Anyway, well done on the Condor...I've never heard anyone say anything but good things about them., and even a died-in-the-wool oldy fan like me has to admit they always look well tasty.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
I think my inside leg is about a 35, perhaps 34L, bloke in the shop said I was long bodied rather than long legged, I'm getting a 58cm on the basis that a 61cm would be too big, reach I think as much as height, the Fratello is semi relaxed

64cm conventional sounds huge for 6ft to me, 62cm sounds on the big end too

as for oldy, the only minor criticism of the Fratello is it's a bit retro 'for some', steel and all, I plumped for a double on the front too, I never touch anything other than the big ring on my hybrid, the granny ring, in fifteen years, got a single stint going up Ditchling Beacon, it did earn it's corn then though

Top Bottom