Road bike Racers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
But I find it quite funny that super fit and healthy men on road bikes feel the need to overtake me again and turn back and grin as they speed off...

so the super fit and heathly obv doesnt count for me and def the smiling thang in my case could be wind..... :tired:

I hate the smugness with this overtaking murlarkly ......

GrasB

Veteran
I often look over my left shoulder after an overtake just to confirm that the person is where I expect them to be. I have no idea if I smile or not & tbh if I do it's got nothing to do with one-upmanship it's just the overtake it's self went to plan & I'm not going to have to content with someone who wants to race me but can't hold my cruising. I notice that most faster riders look over their shoulder after an overtake & I'd assume for similar reasons.

I rarely see other cyclists on my commute due to he route I take, the only ones I do see are very fit, very muscular and very much faster then me. Serves me right for living by the naval base I suppose. I'm getting better at keeping up with the couple of guys I do see upon occasion, I suppose I can only get fitter, and replace bit's of my bike with lighter components. :biggrin: :biggrin:

User3143 said:
Never had the feeling to want to overtake someone just to prove a point, and anyone that feels the need to overtake just to prove a point is a bit of dick TBH.

I don't know how the **** you can say to yourself that ''I scalped someone'' when they were not racing in the first place?

I don't really care any more...I know now im not capable of keeping up with someone really fast so I don't bother.

Yes it saddens me but I think I know why I have lost my extra gear since 1996.I suppose I have to be thankful I can still cycle.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
User3143 said:
Never had the feeling to want to overtake someone just to prove a point, and anyone that feels the need to overtake just to prove a point is a bit of dick TBH.

I don't know how the **** you can say to yourself that ''I scalped someone'' when they were not racing in the first place?

So there was no point proving going on when we had our fun ride together? :smile:

Top Bottom