Road bike to flat bar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
All the parts for the conversion have arrived (apart from the ones I've probably forgotten to order :whistle: ). All very efficient of wiggle, CRC, Merlin and also bike24 in Germany :smile:
Bike on way, probably for delivery tomorrow when I'm not likely to be in. I'm told they'll try again on Friday in that case!

TheSoulReaver03

Not trying to argue with you, but for what purpose do you want a flat bar for? The only advantages I can think of are better stability when going off-road and you can put bags on the handlebars when going shopping.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Not trying to argue with you, but for what purpose do you want a flat bar for? The only advantages I can think of are better stability when going off-road and you can put bags on the handlebars when going shopping.

For you maybe but many people just can't get on with drops, I know it took me a while. Some people may prefer a more upright riding position and as she has said she has the means and many bikes so why not play about a bit with bits and bobs

TheSoulReaver03

For you maybe but many people just can't get on with drops, I know it took me a while. Some people may prefer a more upright riding position and as she has said she has the means and many bikes so why not play about a bit with bits and bobs

I've got used to my drop bar bike after about a week of riding. When using my flat bar MTB when neccessary, I no longer feel comfy. Guess it's just me though.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Just for variety, I've got 3 bikes with drop bars, one with flat which is a bit small for me. I actually bought this bike because it was a bargain and I wanted to upgrade the groupset on my carbon roadbike. I got a whole bike for around £150 more than just the groupset! I'll sell the flatbar I have

I also have quite a few joint issues, so having different bikes can be useful :smile:

And ultimately why not eh? ;)

Just don't tell my mum :tongue:

TheSoulReaver03

Just for variety, I've got 3 bikes with drop bars, one with flat which is a bit small for me. I actually bought this bike because it was a bargain and I wanted to upgrade the groupset on my carbon roadbike. I got a whole bike for around £150 more than just the groupset! I'll sell the flatbar I have

I also have quite a few joint issues, so having different bikes can be useful :smile:

And ultimately why not eh? ;)

Just don't tell my mum :tongue:

Too late, I already told your mom about it. :tongue:

Different bikes won't really be useful as the method of going forward are the same in each one : push down on the pedals. If you have pedal straps or clipless pedals though, you can either pull and push or just pull. My P.E teacher says he can no longer pedal very well due to his knee so he's just pulling up.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Except my joint issues aren't only in my lower limbs ;) upper body and hand positions are also important for me

At 42, when sells said and done, I don't need to justify my spending to anyone but myself, not even my mum :whistle:

TheSoulReaver03

Except my joint issues aren't only in my lower limbs ;) upper body and hand positions are also important for me

At 42, when sells said and done, I don't need to justify my spending to anyone but myself, not even my mum :whistle:

Uuuh, ever tried a recumbent bike? Or do you despise that kind of thing?

Dave7

Legendary Member
And lots of disposable income :whistle:. Bikes are where much of that extra dosh goes. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't spend money on computer games, my car doesn't cost me too much to run, I don't buy designer clothes, shoes, handbags. I have a small mortgage. Can't take it with you!

Are you married ?
If I can convince my wife of 46 years to go are you interested in an old fart ??

Top Bottom