Road bike to hybrid...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
toeknee

toeknee

Über Member
Wife complete with free bike for sale, offers welcomed............^_^

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I use a Vivente World Randonneur tourer for commuting, and have also ridden it on off-road bumpy tracks. These things are just about bulletproof, but may not be in your budget as they're not the cheapest.

Learnincurve

Never buy a new hybrid. They depreciate like rocks, no matter the brand they will halve in value in 2 years (although we are at the start of the 2015 announcements so right now it's 1 year and a few months) and be down to around £150 in 4. This is because many many people do the opposite to you and go from hybrid to road so the second hand market gets flooded. I've already seen one person throw at least £200 down the toilet today, please don't let me watch you do the same :sad:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
In my area, I find th same situation as @Learnincurve states. This is in conflict with the fact that I see most of these bicycles used for commuting and travel on local roads that really aren't up to scratch for road bikes. Hybrids would be the best choice for most folks in my area, but the lust for lycra makes people decide otherwise. Used hybrids are quite plentiful, and quite adaptable for touring or road use. And with the money you save on the initial purchase, you could upgrade components. This will keep you rolling along for some time, at minimal cost.

Why have you got 2 washing machines?

Top Bottom