Road ragers should wear helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Not really, It's nice to be courteous and give way to faster traffic when it is safe to do so. It's irritating being stuck behind slow moving tractors that don't move over when safe too.

As a cyclist, if I get to a space that I can pull in to, to let traffic past, before a safe passing point I will do.

I agree. It's very irritating that not a single motorist got out of my way on my commute this morning.

Only if I choose to ride in the door zone. All they had to do was pull over and I could've easily got past safely.

I'd rather filter through door zone, than around cars moving in and out of lane.

The cyclist that blocked a whole road this morning was particularly irritating. Pulled out of a junction on a busy country road at rush hour. Realised his partner didn't get out in the traffic in time, so pulled over on the left. Meaning nobody could get past, took 10 minutes before he actually cycled a further 30m to the next junction where he could wait. I imagine he probably complained on a forum at the nasty cars beeping their horns at him.

U

User482

I'd rather filter through door zone, than around cars moving in and out of lane.
All I'm asking is that motorists extend me the courtesy of pulling over, seeing as I am faster than them. Seems reasonable, no?

The cyclist that blocked a whole road this morning was particularly irritating. Pulled out of a junction on a busy country road at rush hour. Realised his partner didn't get out in the traffic in time, so pulled over on the left. Meaning nobody could get past, took 10 minutes before he actually cycled a further 30m to the next junction where he could wait. I imagine he probably complained on a forum at the nasty cars beeping their horns at him.

Nobody could get past a cyclist who pulled over? I thought that was what you wanted? When you've got your story straight, come back to me.

All I'm asking is that motorists extend me the courtesy of pulling over, seeing as I am faster than them. Seems reasonable, no?
Fine, when I am driving and see a cyclist coming through traffic quicker than me. I will do him a favour and pull over to the curb so he can get past?

Nobody could get past a cyclist who pulled over? I thought that was what you wanted? When you've got your story straight, come back to me.
A busy country road, constant stream of traffic in the opposite direction.

Usually you would wait behind the cyclist till the road widens later on and it's safe to pass.

U

User482

Fine, when I am driving and see a cyclist coming through traffic quicker than me. I will do him a favour and pull over to the curb so he can get past?
Excellent idea. Let's hope it catches on.

Usually you would wait behind the cyclist till the road widens later on and it's safe to pass.
And the cyclist had pulled over. You appear to be complaining about a non-existent problem.

benb

Evidence based cyclist

10 minutes? Rubbish.

winjim

Smash the cistern

There's your problem :okay:

FWIW, my commute takes me through parked up residential streets, then down a dual carriageway (there is a cyclepath but I choose to filter between lanes 1&2, it's safer and quicker) and then through the university. Loads of drivers move aside for me and I for them, depending on circumstances. It's a beautiful thing.

Students on the other hand :cursing:

Top Bottom