Road To Glory - Sky Atlantic - 8pm Thursdays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Anyone watch Road To Glory on Sky Atlantic @ 8pm tonight it is a six part series here is the info:

With cycling more popular than ever and huge interest in next year’s Tour de France and Olympics, British Cycling: Road To Glory will offer an insight into the inner workings and stars of both the professional road outfit Team Sky and the Great Britain Cycling Team. It will lay bare the extraordinary physical, psychological and tactical dimensions of both professional cycling
and the bid for continued Olympic success at London 2012. The six-part series will also feature key coaches behind the bid, including Dave Brailsford, Performance Director of British Cycling and Team Principal for Team Sky.

Sky +'d it. I'll watch it later.

mattsr

I thought it was excellent, a really fascinating look behind the scenes at the way this team is run, and the driving force behind it that is Dave Brailsford- a man for whom failure is simply not an option. Can't wait for the next episode!! :thumbsup:

Slaav

Veteran
It was ok. I will watch the rest.

I thought it was very good! I think most are aware that everyone knows DB's 'extra 1%' mantra but there was a great bit at the end when he was on the rolling road sweating like me :smile:. He said he wasn't very good at thanking people or rewarding them (or something like that). He explained that it was because he didn't need or felt he needed to be thanked so didnt think it important in the scene. He then mentioned that he was probably wrong and he needed to get better at that and smiling, thanked everyone to camera.

It wasn't for show or humour - it was DB acknowledging that he could do things (or one thing in particular) better and that may obviously get a little more out of some of his team. I bet he then went of and thouhgt about this at length and I wouldn't be surprised if he acted on it.

FAscinating programme but a little repetition and could probably be down to 3 or 4 episodes but happy it is on Series Link :smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I thought it was excellent, a really fascinating look behind the scenes at the way this team is run, and the driving force behind it that is Dave Brailsford- a man for whom failure is simply not an option. Can't wait for the next episode!! :thumbsup:
How would he describe the men's 2012 olympic road race I wonder. "Not an unalloyed success" perhaps?

mattsr

How would he describe the men's 2012 olympic road race I wonder. "Not an unalloyed success" perhaps?

I imagine he would have used rather stronger language than that to describe it!! :cursing:

Jmenorton

I watched, was a good program, i really want one them big treadmill things. Theirs another one starting on Sky Atlantic on Bradley Wiggins some time in the future to.

Top Bottom