Roadie buys MTB shocker!! : Turning to the dark side!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

Norm said:
After today's little run, I think it should be the "damp side". Still some sticky mud out there, not sure I could throw a bike which looked that good at the countryside. :smile:

Trumpettom001 said:
agreed - i'd just let it sit in my room, collecting dust, as i'd be too scared to get it dirty..

No point having such a bike if you're not prepared to get it dirty / scratched.

Only had my FSR XC a few months and I noticed that the paintwork is already looking a little modified!

stumpy

ride it up to a thorn bush...throw it in the middle and then drag it out....that way you won't be scared of scratching it while your riding and you can concenterate on loving the riding and not worrying about the paint work.....

I'm also a roadie and a MTB'r...so a double darkside then..

Norm

stumpy said:
Duno about hybreds...thats a bit wierd.....;)
Hybrids? I don't even know what that term means. (see Norm posts passim for further information :laugh: )

Cyclo-cross for me, thanks. :biggrin:

OP
OP
RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Update!!

Been informed its now on order and should arrive next week. Only annoying thing is I'm off on holiday next week till the end of the week so won't see it until Friday or the weekend. Damn!!. :biggrin:

Can't wait till this thing arrives. And it could get yet more expensive. Been browsing online at Cube accessories and of course I'm going to need new MTB SPD pedals and shoes. The wife is going to love this. ;)

hotmetal

RSV_Ecosse said:
I'm going to need new MTB SPD pedals and shoes.

Hey, I bet you can't wait! That looks a really sweet bike.

Yes, you most probably will need new pedals and shoes. They don't have to cost the earth though - I've got Crank Bros Candys or Smartys on all my bikes (road and mtb) - eggbeater style clips with a small platform. The Smartys are the same as Candy Cs but not rebuildable. They're about £35, and I just have the one pair of shoes. (Well, actually I've got some hard soled shoes for proper riding and some casual trainer style ones for the commute, so only one type of cleat to worry about).

OP
OP
RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Cheers, I grabbed a pair of Shimano 520 SPD's on eBay for £19.99. White coloured so go great with the Acid. Got a pair of Shimano M121 shoes to go with them too.

My Cube arrived this morning, started a new thread HERE :angry:

Am looking at getting an MTB at the moment RSV and that is just gorgeous! My LBS didn't have one (or any Cube) when I tested 4 bikes yesterday but if they had had I'd have fallen in love.

OP
OP
RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Fletch456 said:
Am looking at getting an MTB at the moment RSV and that is just gorgeous! My LBS didn't have one (or any Cube) when I tested 4 bikes yesterday but if they had had I'd have fallen in love.

Ta. Yep, the Acid is stunning in the flesh. Quality bikes.

I got mine from Hargroves Cycles in Southampton. Very helpful bunch, really chuffed with their service. They are doing 0% finance deals at the moment so it was the best way to go for me as my work knocked me back for a second bike on the Cyclescheme. I already got my Pinarello roadie in 2008 on the scheme but my HR department have decided that we need to wait 3 years between vouchers because they say the scheme is hammering their budget.

3 other guys on my watch got Cubes on the scheme and I fancied one too so I decided just to bite the bullet and grab one myself. :tongue:

The other 3 got Cube Analogues and one got a Cube LTD Comp. :tongue:

OP
OP
RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

LOL!!.

Yeah, well they were the only ones Google threw up as doing zero percent finance on Cubes, hence the reason for choosing them. :tongue:

I rather doubt the Acid's first service will be getting done there though.

Norm

A fairly good round trip, but you'd need to start cycling with -350 miles on the clock or you'll be over the recommended distance. :wacko:

Top Bottom