Roadside finds in 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Some lucky soul found the BRAND NEW Castelli rain cape that we gave GtiJunior for his birthday; we went out for a nice birthday ride; he stuffed the cape in his jersey pocket and five miles later I noticed that it had fallen out. Grrrrr!

Actually in Lagos, Nigeria, there's a form of street art that I've never seen anywhere else but I've just Googled it and I find that it's a known phenomenon in New York, a city that probably has similar levels of traffic, heat, vehicle decrepitude and road damage to Lagos. In New York it has been named Asphalt Archeology. It's where bits have dropped off vehicles and become embedded in the hot soft tarmac then polished smooth by millions of passing tyres. It makes for an endless fascinating guessing game when you are stuck in one of the Lagos go-slows:

http://www.privatephotoreview.com/2013/05/asphalt-archeology/

A saddle pack containing two tubes, a multi-tool, pair of levers and a chain splitter.

sarahale

Über Member
18359096_10158660966630156_8418442613049595028_o.jpg

Does this count? I'd never seen one IRL before and this year I've helped 2.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I found two mobiles, both of which I got back to their owner.
A small spanner.
A shovel, difficult carrying this, I held alongside the handlebars.
A ratchet strap, very useful it is too. Pity I didn't find it the same time I found the shovel.
And the biggest coincidence of all was when I found two onion bags (plastic mesh type) when earlier in the ride I had thought I needed one for the allotment.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
XnIdeXg.jpg

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Okay, not a cycling find, but a roadside find nevertheless: a £5 note. Upon bending down to pick up the money, I spied a £10 note nearby. Three or four seconds scanning the pavement immediately after this, produced a £20 note.
I spent a little more time looking for a £50 note, you know, just in case ... :whistle:

I found a birds nest on the road last year which by a miracle still had the chicks in it. I managed to climb up the tree it fell from and wedge the nest back in situ.
I sat across the road and watched and thankfully its parents came back to feed them up again. The chicks were making a right old racket when I picked them up. Apart from that I've not seen anything lying around apart from the odd dead badger ( blimey they stink to high heaven ;-/)

Well done for going the extra mile putting the bird's nest back in the tree.

Top Bottom