Robbed in London....but very lucky result

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
A sad tale of a working class, country boy in the big city...
...glad you survived Nick.
Now get back up north, pronto :whistle:

postman

Legendary Member
My Son had his nicked at a gig in Manchester two weeks ago.Insured but it cost him £40 excess and £19-99 for memory card.Expensive lesson,we have told him about leaving it out on show in his jeans pocketsThis is the second one the other fell out.Mnd you the Police said 100 had got stolen that night.he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Drago

Legendary Member
Had this thread in mind when I walked Mini Drago to school this morning. About a third of adults - that is the few bothering to walk - were head down, eyes glued to phone screen.

Apart from the sad reflection on society, and the dangers they pose blundering about without watching where they are going, I'm surprised phone snatching isn't a national sport the way people make it so easy.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
About a third of adults - that is the few bothering to walk - were head down, eyes glued to phone screen.
Back in the day, before smartphones, I used to walk around town thinking about the report back an alien might do about these strange creatures who have one arm that dangles free and another that's permanently bent at the elbow, with the hand clamped to the side of the head...."And they talk to themselves constantly as they walk into roads and in front of lorries."

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
There was once a story that originated from Spain or Mexico about a train passenger having his valuables stolen by the same gang multiple times after they would board the train and have everyone drop their valuables into a bag at gun or knife point.

Police were powerless to stop this gang so he rigged a phone with explosives handed it over to the gang the next time he was mugged and blew them all up when they got off the train. Im not sure if hes still serving a prison sentence for murder.

On a side note. Im glad you got your phone back but i would of handed it to the police for finger printing, if might of helped identify and possibly arrest of the people who stole it

Last edited:
Was it 500 quid a few years ago, like, the original iphone because if even a thief won't steal it, it might just be time to upgrade. You can see the convo now....

have you got it?
Yeah
What is it
Fark me, it's an orignal iphone
Y'er wot!
What kind of plonker still has the first iphone and he banks with Barclays
FFS, it's another northener innit.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Was it 500 quid a few years ago, like, the original iphone because if even a thief won't steal it, it might just be time to upgrade. You can see the convo now....

have you got it?
Yeah
What is it
Fark me, it's an orignal iphone
Y'er wot!
What kind of plonker still has the first iphone and he banks with Barclays
FFS, it's another northener innit.
I'd only had the phone a couple of weeks. Huawei P9...I can only assume they were disappointed by this and threw it away. Cards are always going to be immediately cancelled so all they wanted was the bit of cash

On other matters the person who snatched the phone wore gloves so probably no prints. I didn't see the point in formally reporting it...Just wastes my time and police time. Copper was fine with me not reporting it

simon.r

Person
The phenomenon of people constantly being on the phone makes me wonder about the impact on the development of babies and young children.

Many young parents I see pushing prams and pushchairs have phones glued to their ear and do not interact with the child at all. If this is the same at home...well, it can't be a good thing can it?

Top Bottom