Robert Millar Sportive 22nd June 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fuzzball

Doing the Isle of Arran Bike n Hike instead, have a feeling I won't finish the bike in time for the hike up goat fell but going to try, the course is 55 mile loop round the island heading north first, yikes!

D

Deleted member 20519

Why do these things only open to 18 year olds or over? :cursing:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
From the website:

The Robert Millar Sportive will start and finish at Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre, Woodhead Park, Kirkintilloch, G66 3DD on Saturday 22nd June 2013 with riders scheduled to depart between 0730 and 0900.

Sign on is Kirkintiloch Leisure Centre, on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.
Saturday 4pm – 7pm // Sunday 7.30am – 9am

First riders start 8am, last rider out by 9.15am

The Borders are beautiful, these roads are a haven for cyclists and other nature. Don’t drop any litter.

Clearly a poorly executed cut&paste job from a different event. I'm going to delay my registration a little bit until confidence in the organizer can be restored.

Angus444

From the website:

Clearly a poorly executed cut&paste job from a different event. I'm going to delay my registration a little bit until confidence in the organizer can be restored.
I agree. Their site was promoting a sportive in Angus in July for 2014, which was then changed to 2013. After a couple of weeks I went back to have a look but found that the Tour of Angus link on the webpage had been hacked. The hacker's own calling-card webpage flashed up every time. Won't be entering unless they are using a secure event entry site like Entry Central or SiEntries.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I agree. Their site was promoting a sportive in Angus in July for 2014, which was then changed to 2013. After a couple of weeks I went back to have a look but found that the Tour of Angus link on the webpage had been hacked. The hacker's own calling-card webpage flashed up every time. Won't be entering unless they are using a secure event entry site like Entry Central or SiEntries.

The robert millar sportive is on entry central :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

I've just found this forum and really pleased there are some posts on it relating to Scotland. I live close to the Campsies and know this cycle route very well. Unfortunately I won't be able to take part in the event due to recent surgery but I will come out and watch at some stages. The Crow Road and the Tak Ma Doon road are my two favourite hills when I am cycling and I've read some concerns about the quality of the road surface. Most of it has now been repaired but it is the Stirling Council areas, such as Fintry, that are shocking and please be mindfull of the ford on the north side of the Tak Ma Doon. They really have to get their act together and I hope these types of organised cycling events will help.

I had planned on taking part in a few events this year but illness has again stepped in and blocked my plans. However, I do hope to be taking part in two events in September but I'm really annoyed at missing out on this one. My story can be read at my blog http://cyclingable.com

Please have a look through it and let me know your thoughts. I have just posted a write up on the Crow Road.

Top Bottom