Robust Tyre Levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Cheapo nylon Raleigh levers have served me perfectly since I bought them in 2012 and I do a crap load of tyre changing due to only one wheelset.

Topeak Shuttle every time for me.
Have you used the park blue things as well? If so, how do the two compare? Are there hooks on the end of those topeaks to secure on the spokes? Hard to see from pics.
Generally I find the park blue things excellent though they could maybe be a bit longer. Find it hard to imagine how it would be possible to break one.

Last edited:
Have you used the park blue things as well? If so, how do the two compare? Are there hooks on the end of those topeaks to secure on the spokes? Hard to see from pics.
Generally I find the park blue things excellent though they could maybe be a bit longer. Find it hard to imagine how it would be possible to break one.
I have used the Park Tools ones, still have a set somewhere, but much prefer the Topeak Shuttle for their amazing robustness, rim-friendly softened curves and the greater length of the Topeak lever. The smaller, yellow lever has a hook on the back to fix it to a spoke, which doubles up as the 'plug' which allows the 2 levers to fit together.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Use proper Park ones - not the thin, narrow ones, but the thick TL4.2 version.

I use these daily and don't have any problems.

if you are using your tyre levers daily, I'd think about a different brand/type of tyre :laugh:

I have a set of the narrow Park tools ones & not impressed with them, my favourite ones are Lezyne
lez-power-lever-med.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
By the way the magazine that provided my really good levers was Cycling Plus.

I don't remember anything about the mag. I probably bought it for the free levers. If so it was a good investment.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Spoons and forks were my dad's lever of choice, when I were a kid. We had so many bent pieces of cutlery. When I was old enough to repair my own bustages I was banned from kitchen drawer.
I now have VAR lever set. Not been used that often. But good set of levers for off and back on.

Top Bottom