Rocket Sidecar Bike - The Build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
[Jul 24, 2017]

Made an in-fill panel for the bike:

upload_2018-1-25_23-12-21.png

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
[Jul 25, 2017]

Soooo close now! I'm just waiting for my good lady to finish making the seat pads and it's finished :smile:

The crazy idea is almost reality!

I'll get some better photos done when it's finished.

upload_2018-1-25_23-13-9.png

upload_2018-1-25_23-13-29.png

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
[Jul 28, 2017]

20170728_083806-jpg.jpg

20170728_083814-jpg.jpg

So that's it finished :smile:

I'd like to thank all of you for all your kind comments. I have really enjoyed making this.
What's going to happen to it now? Well, it's going to a friend of mine who wants to take his 3 year old grandson for rides up and down the beach front where he lives, creating lifelong memories for the lad. I like that.

Till the next crazy project ...

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Thanks @Shaun and @loopybike , It's been great to see the process .

the stupid one

Über Member
It really is a thing of beauty, moreso through seeing the build process. Fantastic skills, loopybike.

You took care to keep the wheel of the sidecar safely isolated from little fingers, but is there any chance that the rear wheel of the bike is within reach? I'm keen to see what magic you would fashion to remove that risk if it becomes necessary.

Crankarm

Guru
Simply fantastic. Had you thought about a small dashboard with a couple of gauges and flashing lights? It must bring you the inventor, the rider and passenger a lot of pleasure.

irw

Quadricyclist
Very good! Looking over this reminded me a little of my quadricycle build (see the link in my signature line)- the difference being you obviously know exactly what you're doing when it comes to metalwork ;) Great seeing the tools that are used to create the panels, although I still have no idea how you managed to make that panel that was slightly out smooth again after all those hammer marks!

Top Bottom