Rolling resistance question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mralexrides

Ok do you think I should have the lower rolling resistance tyre at the front or the back? Front one is Pro 4 endurance michelin and back one is continental 4000s 2. The 4000 has a lower rolling resistance. When I got the bike the 4000 was at the front but I put it on the back as it looked like it has better grip. What do you think?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You've mixed tyres. Gadzooks. :ohmy:

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

Wasnt me was the waterhead who sold me the bike. I would like to have matching tyres. No way im changing one till one pops though its a pain in the ass. But which one should be front and back rolling resistance wise.

C R

Guru
Wasnt me was the waterhead who sold me the bike. I would like to have matching tyres. No way im changing one till one pops though its a pain in the ass. But which one should be front and back rolling resistance wise.
I was just joshing, my commuter tank had mixed tyres for the last three years. I am not sure it really matters, it probably is very marginal at the most.

If you put the faster tyre on the rear it will overtake the front wheel with unforseen consequences. Never mix tyres!
It's almost as bad as crossing the streams - don't do it!!
1627312159009.png

Reactions: C R
That this thread made me think of this video makes me feel old!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTue5HcdSW4

But to take a stab at an aswer, I'd say the easier rolling tyre should go at the rear, as that's where your weight is.

OP
OP
Mralexrides

Mralexrides

That this thread made me think of this video makes me feel old!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTue5HcdSW4

But to take a stab at an aswer, I'd say the easier rolling tyre should go at the rear, as that's where your weight is.

Yeah that was my reasoning and tread is better on the least rolling resistance and the front one is also surprisingly the most puncture resistant so I chose it for that reason too. The guy that sold me it had them on the opposite way round. But I changed wheelsets around from my daily driver bike so may as well swap tyres around. The video was hilarious btw. Why did he let go of the wheel lmao.

Top Bottom