Roof bars (and bike rack) question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kernow_T

Über Member
Ok, looking for roof bars for a Citroen Nemo (yes, I know, jealousy is cruel). They need to mount directly into fixing points (not rails). Does anyone have a Nemo and recommendation for me? Finally will Berlingo bars be compatible?

Cheers

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's normally the 'feet' you change for racks, depending upon make.

Slioch

Guru
Try entering your car details on here.

Halfords and Thule (and others) have similar search engines.

Once you've identified the right bars, it might be worth having a look on Ebay as people are always selling them whenever they change car, so you might get a bargain.

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
Try entering your car details on here.

Halfords and Thule (and others) have similar search engines.

Once you've identified the right bars, it might be worth having a look on Ebay as people are always selling them whenever they change car, so you might get a bargain.
Yes indeed and happy to spend a bit more if needed however neither Thule nor Halfords have bars for the Nemo - too exclusive it seems!!

TonySJ

Regular
I was in a similar situation, new car and needed roof bars and bike racks, as I passed my old car on to my OH.
FWIW I searched for the part numbers of the Thule bars and foot attachments then searched those parts to find what other vehicles they fit.
When you have the right vehicles keep searching on ebay, gumtree facebook marketplace and preloved and you will find someone selling their old bars as they have sold or swapped cars and no longer have a use for them.
I managed to find a brand new set of Thule Aero bars plus attachments as the original buyer bought them but the sale for that new car fell through so didnt need them after all.
Got them for a third of the price.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Yes indeed and happy to spend a bit more if needed however neither Thule nor Halfords have bars for the Nemo - too exclusive it seems!!

I had this issue with a Citroen C1 - Halfords claimed they didn't have anything on their computer, including Thule.
So I bought the full set up from the Citroen dealer for less than I'd budgeted on.

So my advice would be check with the dealer. On my previous C3 they were considerably cheaper and it was all Thule stuff, badged as Citroen.

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
I had this issue with a Citroen C1 - Halfords claimed they didn't have anything on their computer, including Thule.
So I bought the full set up from the Citroen dealer for less than I'd budgeted on.

So my advice would be check with the dealer. On my previous C3 they were considerably cheaper and it was all Thule stuff, badged as Citroen.
Will do that tomorrow. Thanks

Tom B

Guru
Weighing in a bit late on this one.

I used to have a Vaux Combo which annoyingly a bike wouldn't fit into.

I went to a local van roof rack / lining company and.they had some brackets to fit the fixing points on the roof. Along with a bar. It was a fraction of the price of the stuff in my current Focus .

I just slapped a thule bike holder on the bars

Last edited:
Top Bottom