Ross-on-Wye

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by twentysix by twentyfive, 28 Apr 2010.

1. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

What's the matter in R-on-W? I pedalled there on Sunday and all the cafes were shut :smile:

One cafe has turned into an Indian (many moons ago it was the Copper Kettle), Copinis(Sp?), which was fairly new and popular, was closed. The Priory generally isn't open on Sundays (I know) and that other one opposite the Market Hall with the twee cups was shut too. Does R-on-W close down on Sundays for tourists? ;) I really don't want to go to those awful places on the bypass.

2. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Everyone's browsing in the bookshops, I expect.

3. philipbh

philipbh Spectral Cyclist

Isn't that H-o-W ?

Ross is nicer, I'd say but obv. not for Cafes on a Sunday if 26x25's experience is the norm (Gap in the market perhaps?)

RT will be along in a minute to help us out...

4. I've had a similar problem finding a proper caff for a hangover cure breakfast on a Sunday. I think the one at the junction of Broad Street and Brookend Street is open, and also the one halfway up Broad Street, on the right as you go towards the buttermarket. Other than that, I can't think of any. Drop me an email next time and I'll make you a cuppa.:girl:

5. Oh, and bookshops is Hay on Wye.

6. OP
    OP
    twentysix by twentyfive

Ooh thanks RT. But Broad St/Brookend St? I often come in from the Coughton direction which drops me almost on top of the market hall. But I haven't clocked the street names. Google here I come.

I do like Ross. But I also need my cuppa..........

7. OP
    OP
    twentysix by twentyfive

Ah thanks Multimap and RT. I need to drop downhill from the Market Hall :biggrin:

8. philipbh

philipbh Spectral Cyclist

9. OP
    OP
    twentysix by twentyfive

Ah Thanks philbh.

That first one is the one I referred to as the place with the twee cups. It was closed :biggrin:

The second one is interesting and may be one that RT referred to. I'll be checking it out next time :tongue:

10. Yep, that's the place. Are you fairly local then? Maybe we could meet up for a ride.:tongue:

11. OP
    OP
    twentysix by twentyfive

RT - I'm in Malvern. By the time I've wended my way around the lanes it's ~30 miles to Ross. But we could meet up mid way. Kempley or some such??

12. Yes, sounds good. Or maybve Ledbury? We could meet up for a mid ride cuppa.:evil:

13. OP
    OP
    twentysix by twentyfive

Ledbury sounds fine although you will have the longer ride :smile: Do you have a favourite cafe in Ledbury? I like the one by the Market Hall.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice