Round the World in 195 days

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done, indeed!
But what was the great hurry? It's not about the arrival . . . ! :wacko:

He'll be kicking his heels now! :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Dayvo said:
Well done, indeed!
But what was the great hurry? It's not about the arrival . . . ! :wacko:

He'll be kicking his heels now! :smile:
I wouldn't have hung around at those trucker stops he mentions either... before too long Marvin from Des Moines will be offering you his tubesteak... :ohmy:

Dave5N

Über Member
I don't wish to be cynical, but,

Couldn't he have got a job and donated his salary? Or worked for free for 200 days for a charity?

I'm dead suspicious of these ' but itsfa charidee' rides. Justifies their hooliday, IMHO.

Dave5N

Über Member
I mean, how does him trotting around on his bike (and note his bother only happened in Australia and the US) help anyone?

What is it with sponsorship? Why should we give them money? 'I'm off on holiday, I'd like you to give me some money to a charity when I come back because this is a diffferent sort of holiday and it isn't about me it's about raising awareness for the disadvantaged.'

Only we don't hear about the disadvantaged, we hear about his tough time in MacDonalds.

Dave5N

Über Member
And how do you set a record around the World, which way? It's a ****in' globe, FFS.

Is there a UCI prescribed route?

I bet the USA and Oz is a bit easier than a proper 'End-to-End' taking in both poles.

Zoom

Über Member
Dave5N said:
I don't wish to be cynical, but,

you sound very cynical to me;
Yes I'm dubious of those "please sponsor me £1000 for a free holiday of which 600 will go the the BHF"
but this is hardly in that league.

well done to him I say :thumbsup:

Keith Oates

Janner
To do 100 miles per day for 6 months is one heck of an achievement. For me I say to him well done, I'm sure that not many others could ever manage the mental and physical discipline that he must have applied to keep going when the times were tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom