Rourke Track Bike: Road it or Flog it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Some random musings.

I'm the owner of what I think is a rather nice 24"/61cm steel Brian Rourke track bike, with chromed rear triangle.

Bought 2nd hand to ride training sessions at the Manchester velodrome, I'm now accepting my track days are over.

I'm a little unwilling to part with it, so am considering converting to road use, which would require new fork to take a caliper brake. I'd probably use it for my commute, summer only. It would have to be fixed as the frame won't take a rear brake.

So, what do people think? Good idea, or better just to flog it as it's really best suited to the track anyway?

20190616_122346.jpg
20190616_122424.jpg
20190616_122413.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You could always use it for the commute NYC style;

View: https://youtu.be/yHRDb_Mm-gI

Old jon

Guru
I might just have a fork, dunno if it would fit but it will take a brake. Happy to let you have it 'cos I will not use it.

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I might just have a fork, dunno if it would fit but it will take a brake. Happy to let you have it 'cos I will not use it.

A most generous offer! It's a rather large frame, I think needs ~240mm steerer.

Also I have to confess I've never fitted a fork before - I've no idea how precise the length has to be.

Old jon

Guru
A most generous offer! It's a rather large frame, I think needs ~240mm steerer.

Also I have to confess I've never fitted a fork before - I've no idea how precise the length has to be.

Same here, never fitted a bicycle fork. And I have just measured the length of what I think is the steerer, disappointingly it is only 225mm.

Ah well, best of luck in your search, I may move this fork sometime, a bike charity I guess.

midlife

Guru
Can you use one of those odd clamp on front brakes or does that dent the fork blades?

Top Bottom