Route from Markinch to Elie (Fife)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col-A

Hi All, First time post - so I'm not too sure if I've posted this in the right place.

Can anyone advise on the route from Markinch to Elie. The AA Routplanner says A911 - A915 - A917. I'm looking for a fairly direct route and would prefer the roads to be quieter - but it looks as though this is my only option. I'll be travelling on a Friday 1700-ish. Any thoughts. . .

Col

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Fife has a good network of cycle routes you can get free maps here, but don't know them well enough to suggest one, but this post will keep you at top until one of the Fifers on the forum comes up with a better answer...

Isla Valassi

Veteran
Hi Col,

Unfortunately because of Elie's location there isn't much scope for varying your route. There are a couple of bike paths on the way along though - a new one under construction between Windygates and Leven and one between Leven and Lundin Links. Other than those, you're pretty much going to be mixing it with the tea time traffic.
If you're not in too much of a hurry you could take the more hillier route out by Star of Markinch and over to Upper Largo. This would add a few miles to your journey though.

OP
OP
C

Col-A

Sorry for the tardy reply - You're right, there wasn't much of a choice route-wise. The traffic was not too bad and once off the main drag, it's a great place to cycle -especially along the coastal route Elie -> Crail.

Top Bottom