Rowing machine recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlamorganGuy

I want to buy a rowing machine to help with general fitness. Looking to spend up to £250 at a push but ideally a fair bit less... There's a daunting range out there, anyone got one that they can recommend personally?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I can only recommend a Concept2, they are the gold standard which you will see in every rowing club in the country. however, they are significantly more expensive (~£1000) unless you are lucky enough to find one second hand. Second hand is not a problem as they are bulletproof and you can still buy spares for the first model released 40 years ago.

PK99

Legendary Member
I can only recommend a Concept2, they are the gold standard which you will see in every rowing club in the country. however, they are significantly more expensive (~£1000) unless you are lucky enough to find one second hand. Second hand is not a problem as they are bulletproof and you can still buy spares for the first model released 40 years ago.

Seconded

Nothing comes even close

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Because I had a choice of the two, and went with my preference, my vote goes to...

WaterRower

Because not everyone wants to be an athlete with a C2, and they are lovely to use, whilst still being a very serious piece of kit. Standable-up after use, too, if space is at a premium.

Also supported down the each nut, bolt, widget and water tank.

A genuine alternative which is worth looking at 😊

PK99

Legendary Member
Because I had a choice of the two, and went with my preference, my vote goes to...

WaterRower

Because not everyone wants to be an athlete with a C2, and they are lovely to use, whilst still being a very serious piece of kit. Standable-up after use, too, if space is at a premium.

Also supported down the each nut, bolt, widget and water tank.

A genuine alternative which is worth looking at 😊

I bought a water rower as I gibed at the price of the C2 - it sat at home unused while I used the C2 at the local gym where I swam.

C2 develops a much better momentum and rhythm.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Cyclists row too, you know! :laugh:

Top Bottom