Royal Baby name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I’m going to guess Archie. What do I win if I guess correctly?
He's already thinking of joining CC.....watch out for a new member called ArchieArch. Apparently he's awesome.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He could have been given the title of Earl or Lord. But they chose not too, which is a good thing.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I will have to re name my car now. Poor thing has been Archie for a long while. Maybe elongate it to Archibald.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Danny Baker has been sacked for a stupid tweet.
Shame because I like him, and I don’t think he meant to be racist, but he was undoubtedly stupid.

yello

Danny Baker has a mouth that's sometimes just a wee bit quicker than his quick brain. A clever bloke, he comes out with stuff that can be just a bit raw and unpolished. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes not so. He'll serve his regulatory penance and be back somewhere - he's just too bankable for any station to ignore, and people like him.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Shame because I like him, and I don’t think he meant to be racist, but he was undoubtedly stupid.

View: https://twitter.com/GladysSteptoe/status/1126422764833865728

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
At least they didn't go for something ridiculous and American like Carter, Tyler or Smith (or another surname used as first name, Harrison as middle name is not far removed from such nonsense though)

I suspect it's a play on 'Harry's son'

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but a chimpanzee, FFS? Seeing as he isn't actually stupid, he surely has to own that one?

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but a chimpanzee, FFS? Seeing as he isn't actually stupid, he surely has to own that one?

True, but how much of his sacking was due to deference and cossetting the royal family?

ETA: i.e. to keep Nicholas Witchell in a job.

Last edited:

yello

You would kinda hope that he'd have a little bit of savvy as to what was and wasn't acceptable, regardless of what he himself believes (not that I profess to know what he believes) He is, after all, in the media and ought know how these things play out. Blimey, some media savvy people play that to their advantage. But what Baker did... MM's ethnicity, chimps & royalty.... it was always only going to go one way. Crass and stupid doesn't quite cover it.

That said, I don't know the context (though I do find it difficult to imagine a context that mitigates)

Top Bottom