Royal Mail letter deliveries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
At the moment, I seem to get one delivery a week of quite a few letters, some dated 8 days previous, rather than deliveries 6 days a week.

Anyone else being denied their daily service and letters being stockpiled by RM?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
At the moment, I seem to get one delivery a week of quite a few letters, some dated 8 days previous, rather than deliveries 6 days a week.

Anyone else being denied their daily service and letters being stockpiled by RM?
Selling off the Royal Mail was the most stupid thing the tories have done, along with selling off public utilities. :cursing:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The deliveries around my way are a bit hit and miss. I do get more than one a week, but sometimes things that are scheduled for a particular day are a couple of days late.
They have closed a couple of local sorting offices over the last year, and with the health crisis at the present time, I think the Gpo might be having a few difficulties, some of their own making.

postman

Legendary Member
Staff shortages due to illness.And staff holidays.During the summer holiday periods there was always overtime.But walks are longer now.So I would suspect staff don't want to work till 18-00 19-00 delivering.So some walks will be carried over for a few days.Mind you still get charged full price for stamps.Don't bother complaining cos you will only get a fairy story explanation.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Latest parcel got stuck in the distribution centre for 6 days, was supposed to be 24 hours delivery. I won’t bother complaining as I know it will get nowhere.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Latest parcel got stuck in the distribution centre for 6 days, was supposed to be 24 hours delivery. I won’t bother complaining as I know it will get nowhere.
Parcels seem OK here as they come by van, not foot!

vickster

Legendary Member
I dont get much post, out of choice as I’ve gone paperless as far as possible (business bank statements still come from snail mail as need to keep the records). Junk comes through the door, goes straight in the green bin pretty much

Dave7

Legendary Member
There was a big hold up here as the drivers etc were not happy with the protection against Covid that was provided.
Getting better now but still seems slow.
Got one last week that was only posted 70 miles away the previous afternoon.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My posties are really good. They tend to deliver letters according to your name not address round here as everyone knows everyone.

And they have a habit of knowing everyone in your family as well and often ask a family member to deliver a letter if they pass each other. :laugh:

But funnily enough we don't get post on Monday's unless it is a parcel that has to be delivered by a certain day and time.

Top Bottom