Royal wedding free zone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
This is the forecast:
00a.JPG

So my weekend will consist of a long ride followed by
00a.JPG

00b.JPG

on both days, hopefully out of sight of a television.

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
Last time I used the extra days holday for a short tour in France. On Saturday I am planning a 50 miler with my lad in practice for his first century later this year.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Last time I used the extra days holday for a short tour in France. On Saturday I am planning a 50 miler with my lad in practice for his first century later this year.

This 'one' is the government austerity programme royal / soap opera version, so on a Saturday so we don't get a extra holiday, or 'fans' take a day off from Mon-Fri working ... shared with FA Cup (for the footie fans) TV coverage ...

lane

Veteran
This 'one' is the government austerity programme royal / soap opera version, so on a Saturday so we don't get a extra holiday, or 'fans' take a day off from Mon-Fri working ... shared with FA Cup (for the footie fans) TV coverage ...

Shame. It would have been great to have the extra day between two bank holidays that are less than a month apart in any case.

tyred

Legendary Member
Who's this Harry geezer? Is he the guy who empties the dustbins! He never mentioned he was getting married.

Venod

Eh up
Second MTBO event of the year, 4hrs in Nidderdale.
Mrs Afnug will be watching, she is not a big royalist but liked Diana so is interested in the wedding of her son.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Nothing like a royal wedding & cup final to encourage you for your first imperial century in over 6 months ^_^
Royal family, I'm not fussed either way, love my football, but FA cup finals rarely live upto the hype & can be a bit of a borefest. Only cup final I've enjoyed in recent years is Hull v Arsenal, so on both counts I'd rather be out on the bike :okay:

You could all go for a long cycle ride ....

I'm planning on a long one :okay:

I have a day ride with company from Cleethorpes.

We're heading south of the river, we'll keep an eye of for you :smile:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
One thing is for certain, I definitely will not be watching or discussing this "event" in any way.

This statement may contain traces of self-contradiction.

A royal wedding AND a wendyball competition?!

...If Carlsberg did shite weekends.

Like Carlsberg, royal weddings and football are easily avoided. Im pleased to say that neither event will have any impact on my weekend.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I think it's Cup Final weekend.So i fancy Chelsea and that's even after 1970.<snip>.
So did Harry for a while.

I'll be at Silverstone for the weekend (Blancpain GT Endurance), Saturday running finishes at 17:15 which is the time the FA Cup final kicks off so that'll go straight on the radio and, when I get to the hotel it's out with the laptop and on with Batman vs Superman on Amazon Prime thanks to free wi-fi so I should miss all the coverage on the day. Quite happy to leave it to those that like that sort of thing.

Top Bottom