Royal wedding free zone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old jon

Guru
No 'royal' anything in Brazil, for which I am truly grateful. There is football, I am told.

Serge

Über Member
It should be my rest day on Saturday but I've volunteered to go into work. 9 till 6 so I should avoid most of the rubbish if I take the long route home.

Won't be sitting down to watch it but may wander down the local pub for an hour or so to see what's occuring. Area and pub pretty mixed so it may be interesting. I guess a lot of folk will be watching it. Last royal wedding a bod from a local london cycling group organised a round london ride. I think most of us on it were soft republicans but there was a general agreement that we are not becoming a republic too soon. Streets deserted, a kinda hush everywhere. One of our party did want to pop in a pub we passed to check out the dress. I wish the couple every happiness.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Nothing like a royal wedding & cup final to encourage you for your first imperial century in over 6 months ^_^
Royal family, I'm not fussed either way, love my football, but FA cup finals rarely live upto the hype & can be a bit of a borefest. Only cup final I've enjoyed in recent years is Hull v Arsenal, so on both counts I'd rather be out on the bike :okay:

I'm planning on a long one :okay:

We're heading south of the river, we'll keep an eye of for you :smile:

Sheer coincidence we happen to be doing a day ride, sheer coincidence ;)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
We'll keep an eye of for you :smile:

Likewise.

We are heading towards Market Rasen, turning south, then looping back to Cleethorpes for a ride of about 50 miles.

Not that I want to give the impression we know the route, we don't, but that's what maps are for.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Likewise.

We are heading towards Market Rasen, turning south, then looping back to Cleethorpes for a ride of about 50 miles.

Not that I want to give the impression we know the route, we don't, but that's what maps are for.

Funnily enough I was saying yesterday I am not too familiar with roads south of the Humber, think we'll end up following the FNRTTC route along the south bank & back to Humber Bridge

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Funnily enough I was saying yesterday I am not too familiar with roads south of the Humber, think we'll end up following the FNRTTC route along the south bank & back to Humber Bridge

Goole to the Humber Bridge is about the only route near there I'm familiar with.

Flat, as you probably know, until you get within a few miles of the bridge.

Against that is there's no shelter if you happen to get a headwind, which I did on one occasion.

There's also stretches which are ever so slightly up hill, so it's hard to get much momentum even on a calm day.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I guess someone has already posted blackout details, but which media hours must be avoided to ensure maximum happiness ?

Top Bottom