RPAS - today's grumpy old man rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Remotely Piloted Aerial systems, or drones to you commoners.

The BBC have clearly bought a large box of them which they've given to the news people. Hardly a news report involving something out doors goes by without a drone shot. They seem particularly prevalent in reports from third world countries where the regulations on flying such devices are more relaxed, or non existent.

Once or twice, now and again, I can live with. But all the ruddy time is annoying, pointless, and a waste of licence payers money.

Stop it Beeb.

D

Deleted member 26715

and a waste of licence payers money.
Bit like Death in Paradise then, just an excuse for the luvvies to have a holiday at our expense

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The beeb ones don't bug me...it's the ones flown by the gormlessati in any nice outdoor spot, shattering the peace of nature for the hundred people below, so their moronic owners can buzz them here & there and up & down and round & round and what is the bloody point? What do they get out of it? It's a total mystery to me. But yes, shotguns and zero tolerance.

D

Deleted member 26715

What do they get out of it?
I have seen some footage which is very good, it gives the prospective a totally different view

stalagmike

Enormous member
I don't mind the use of drones for tv it's the bloody ubiquitous short focal lengths. They have even now started using on documentaries. It's ok on a drama where it can be used stylistically, but moody focus on a hospital doccos just makes quite harrowing real-life situations look like bloody adverts.

Tin Pot

Guru
Someone was flying one on our estate the other day, I was in the back garden and it hovered right above in and in front of me as if it was having a good look. I gave it the V's and went indoors.
572789d5246406.54263691.jpg

Top Bottom