RPAS - today's grumpy old man rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
I couldn't give two hoots about what the Beeb does with drones. However, an acquaintance of mine was pretty disgruntled to come out of her shower 40 storeys up in a tower block in New York to find a drone hovering at her window, presumably filming her. Now that's something worth getting upset about.

stalagmike

Enormous member
I much prefer the various drones which are being used to film, to those being used in Syria, etc.
Good point

Tin Pot

Guru
I couldn't give two hoots about what the Beeb does with drones. However, an acquaintance of mine was pretty disgruntled to come out of her shower 40 storeys up in a tower block in New York to find a drone hovering at her window, presumably filming her. Now that's something worth getting upset about.

Or excited.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
This is probably a bit more stealthy than using both barrels of a Silver Pigeon:evil:

https://makezine.com/projects/build-wi-fi-drone-disabler-with-raspberry-pi/

Julia9054

Guru
I spoke to a police officer once who works in Liverpool. She said that a fair proportion of time was spent trying to distinguish between idiots and terrorists flying the damn things near the airport

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
...or fun.....

Actually, a flame thrower would be good once you had enticed the drone to come closer. I don't think there are any legal restrictions against using them close to highways, boundaries etc.

There are, kind of... The Civil Aviation, Air Navigation Order has many sections relating to drone flights. A simplified 'drone code' was produced, explaining what owners must not do when using their drones. The BMFA (British Model Flying Association) also have put the pertinent regulations on their website.

Top Bottom