Rubbish bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
They look alright to me! Why do you say they are rubbish?

OP
OP
T

Toptec

I asked for advice on here in another post, got a few replies "thanks", but nothing from any riders of Rockhoppers. I stopped people out on the trails / woods / paths whenever I could to seek more info. Opening title sort of explains the majority of response I got, I don't have a lot of cash to chuck around at the moment so need to get it right.They look all right to me too, but lack of response from owners makes me think the people who took time to stop & talk might be right.
So now more confused than ever really
Steve
P.S. it's for my grandson 10yr old, as he has now outgrown his heavy appolo

Mike!

Guru
I think the general consensus is that Specialized are a great bike but they don't provide the value for money that you can get elsewhere.

IMO you can't really go wrong buying a Specialized (lifetime frame warranty for original owner and great afters ales backup through the dealer network) but if you buy purely on specification then you wouldn't buy a Specialized!

AndyRM

XOXO
I always thought Rockhopper's were very well thought of? Certainly the frame, if not the spec.

That said, you'd be better off looking at Islabikes, which are specifically designed for children. Cheaper too!

OP
OP
T

Toptec

Hi,
He,s riding a 14" apollo at the moment, he definatley needs to go up a size in my opinion. A 26" wheelset & a small or x/s frame I think would do. He's quite long legged. £500 I could spend, no more though. He's growing like "billio" so it needs to last him if possible. New or pre owned, just needs to be his first real mountain type bike really.
Can't afford to get it wrong, cash is real tight at the mo, any advice would be really helpfull, doesn't have to be a Rockhopper.
thank's
Steve

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A Rockhopper was my very first MTB shortly after they came out. I thought it was a revelation at the time. Manufacturers cannot afford to produce "rubbish", it simply doesn't make sense for them, especially premium brands like Specialized.

image.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Look at Decathlon bikes, better vfm

Otherwise, Paulscycles have some good deals on older models (albeit new). Personally, I'd look at other brands if wanting the best bang for buck

Perhaps see if your local MTB dealer near the trail centre has some used/ex display models?

@Cubist is very knowledgeable on MTBs

Top Bottom