Rude Rider's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I exchange 'good mornings' with the lollipop ladies I pass (the man is an ignorant git who refuses to say 'hi', must cycle.) on my commute in, but don't really have regular cycle commuters on my route. The random ones do random things.
There is one lollipop lady who I'm sure dallies in the road to help me cross the crossroads if she can!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
we are suffering together
Welcome @JPBoothy!
Bet a few non suffering cyclists on here would take care of your bike when you feel you've had enough :laugh:

BigAl68

Über Member
There is one lollipop lady who I'm sure dallies in the road to help me cross the crossroads if she can!

Is that the one in fishponds. I love her she is a sweetie if it's the same one she makes the detour worth it.

On the subject of the OP ride your bike, enjoy it and if others don't seem so friendly who cares. It's the bike riding that's what you hopefully are enjoying not the comradeship.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Is that the one in fishponds. I love her she is a sweetie if it's the same one she makes the detour worth it.

On the subject of the OP ride your bike, enjoy it and if others don't seem so friendly who cares. It's the bike riding that's what you hopefully are enjoying not the comradeship.
No the one in Henleaze, and there is one at another school I actually know vaguely if I was passing her I'm sure she would stop the traffic, and a huge hello ... One of those characters -very Bristolian !!

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I will sometimes offer a smile or nod to be polite but never instigate one. I often ride home after night shifts and have done all winter - I just want to get home, to bed.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Whenever I'm out on my bike I will always say hello, wave or nod my head to all fellow cyclists, but I'm amazed by just how many don't even give you a glance. It used to anger me but now I just laugh to myself and think 'how rude'. Don't get me wrong, it is only the minority who are rude, as most cyclists are a happy bunch who love to chat and share their tales of the road. I appreciate being in the 'zone', especially if training for an event, but come on guys a wave or a nod lets you know that we are suffering together B-)
if it helps...and to save you time trawling through the vast precedent of threads on this topic...there seems to be an unwritten rule (unless the velominati have it in their list, I'm not sure)

On a club or weekend ride (ie on your day off) everyone is expected to nod, wave or say hello, In as cheery a manner as possible (even when bursting on an uphill struggle).

On a weekday (for some reason) it is deeply uncool to nod wave or say hello to anyone, even blood relatives... whether they ride a bike, drive a car, share an elevator or just walk past you in the street.

People are funny things.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I stop and dance the fandango with all passing cyclists. Anyone who doesn't join in is a miserable git. To be fair, about 80% join in
I'm not intending to be rude by not joining in, it's just that I don't have a helmet with me when cycling and I once met a bloke down the pub whose brother went to school with the daughter of a woman whose boss knew a guy whose life was saved by wearing a helmet while dancing the fandango.

Top Bottom